Headquarters in Zambia
Absa website: http://www.absa.co.za
So. Africa: Report finds some public finance institutions failed to publicly account for their response to climate crisis, whilst banks slowly begin to respond
Investment policies of South African development finance institutions the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) and the Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA) not only fall short of international social, environmental and governance standards,...
Author: Emma Rumney, Money Web (South Africa)
‘Absa to finance new coal projects under ‘extenuating’ circumstances’ 16 April 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: Absa First National Bank [So. Africa] (part of FirstRand) Nedbank Standard Bank
Author: Tracey Davies, Ground Up (South Africa)
‘Covid-19 shows us that executive pay cuts are possible’ 16 April 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Absa First National Bank [So. Africa] (part of FirstRand) Mr Price Nedbank (Nedcor) Old Mutual Pick n Pay Prudential Financial Sanlam Sappi Sibanye-Stillwater Standard Bank Vodacom Woolworths Group
South African banks fund mining projects in southern Africa that raise issues over social, environmental, human rights impacts, says new report
Southern Africa Resource Watch, in announcing its report, South African Banks Footprint in SADC Mining Projects, said:...
Author: Corinne Gretler & Simon Clark, Bloomberg
The FTSE 100 Index’s most exclusive club just got smaller. The departures of Anglo American...Chief Executive Officer Cynthia Carroll and Pearson...CEO Marjorie Scardino leave Burberry Group...’s Angela Ahrendts and Alison Cooper of Imperial Tobacco...
Author: Kristin Palitza, Inter Press Service (IPS)
African countries need more support from the private sector in order to meet the United Nations Millennium Development Goals by 2015, which include important development targets like poverty reduction, and improved health and education. Governments...
- Related companies: Absa
Author: Corporate Leaders Group on Climate Change, University of Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership
- Related stories: "Copenhagen Communiqué": Statement on climate change signed by over 700 companies
- Related companies: ABN Amro Absa Acciona Accor adidas AEON Air France KLM Akzo Nobel Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Allianz Alstom American Electric Power Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Arcor Arup Asia Pacific Resources ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Aspen Skiing Company Atlantia Aviva AXA B&Q (part of Kingfisher) Balfour Beatty Bancaja Banco Galicia Santander Wood (formerly Amec Foster Wheeler)