Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Ireland
Author: Chris Williams, The Register
Accenture, the outsourcing giant, is switching its accounting base from Bermuda to Ireland, amid growing political hostility towards tax havens and tax avoidance…The Obama administration is set to bring in laws to clamp down on avoidance, which is...
- Related companies: Accenture
Author: Barbara Frankel, DiversityInc
The parameters of global diversity are still very much up for debate, but what we do know is that companies with strong inherent values carry them wherever they go. These companies respect local cultures but will not allow any group to be discriminated...
As firms grapple with a brutal economic downturn, they are taking a long, hard look at the resources they devote to everything from supporting charities to making their activities carbon-neutral. That is hardly surprising: cutting back on CSR, or ...
Author: Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria
A groundbreaking initiative that will provide home-based HIV/AIDS testing and counseling for two million people in western Kenya over the next two years was announced today by the…Prime Minister of the Republic of Kenya, the Global Business Coalition...
Author: CRO Magazine [USA]
[Top five placed companies: Bristol Myers-Squibb, General Mills, IBM, Merck & Co., HP]
- Related stories: USA: CRO Magazine lists top 100 corporate citizens for 2009
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Accenture Alcoa Allstate Apple Avon Ball Corp. Baxter International Boeing Bristol-Myers Squibb Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive ConocoPhillips Dell Dow Chemical Eaton El Paso Energy EMC Entergy ExxonMobil Fluor Freeport-McMoRan Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills Goldman Sachs Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hess Corporation HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel JPMorgan Chase Kimberly-Clark Limited Brands Marathon Oil Mattel McDonald's Merck Microsoft Monsanto (part of Bayer) Newmont Goldcorp Nike Norfolk Southern Occidental Petroleum Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Pitney Bowes Procter & Gamble Reynolds American Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Smithfield Foods Staples Starbucks State Street Sun Microsystems Texas Instruments Time Warner US Bancorp Verizon Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Xcel Energy Xerox YUM!
Author: DiversityInc [USA]
The survey measures four areas: CEO Commitment, Human Capital, Supplier Diversity and Corporate and Organizational Communications... "This year's data shows dramatically improved results in the DiversityInc Top 50, especially in senior management and...
- Related in-depth areas: Racial/ethnic/caste/origin discrimination - an introduction
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Accenture Aetna American Express AT&T Bank of America Blue Cross Boston Common Asset Mgmt. Capital One Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comerica Cox Communications (part of Cox Enterprises) Cox Enterprises CSX Cummins Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu EY (Ernst & Young) Ford General Mills Health Care Service HSBC IBM Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KeyBank KPMG Marriott MasterCard Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Monsanto (part of Bayer) Novartis Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial SC Johnson Sodexo Starwood Hotels Time Warner Toyota Verizon Walt Disney Wellpoint Wells Fargo Xerox
Author: Christopher Avery, Director, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[This brief overview of some international developments in the field of business & human rights was presented to the UK Parliament Joint Committee on Human Rights at their mini-conference on business and human rights, the purpose of which was “to...
- Related stories: Presentation by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre to UK Parliament's Joint Committee on Human Rights
- Related companies: Accenture Anglo American Atrium Underwriting (part of Ariel Holdings) Barclays Body Shop (part of Natura) BP British American Tobacco C&A Cape PLC Diageo Erinys International GCM Resources Guinness (part of Diageo) HSBC John Lewis Partnership L'Oreal Lloyd's of London Lloyds Lonmin Marks & Spencer Metals Exploration National Grid NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered Tate & Lyle Tesco Unilever Vedanta Resources Vodafone Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
This ninth installment of The State of the Workplace report shows that job protections and benefits for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees have surged in recent years, at large businesses and other private employers such as law firms and...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign finds growing number of businesses protecting transgender rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Accenture Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agco Agilent Technologies Air Products AK Steel Alberto Culver Alcoa Allegheny Technologies Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power American Express Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anixter Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arrow Electronics ArvinMeritor Asbury Automotive Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Assurant AT&T Atmos Energy Auto-Owners Insurance Autoliv AutoNation AutoZone Avery Dennison Avis Budget Avnet Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Bausch & Lomb Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Bingham McCutchen BJ Services BJ's Wholesale Club Blockbuster BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Boise Cascade BorgWarner Boston Scientific BP Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Cameron International Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Carlson CarMax Caterpillar CBS Celanese CenterPoint Energy Centex Charles Schwab Charter Communications Chesapeake Energy Chevron Chiquita CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Circuit City Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commercial Metals Community Health Systems Computer Sciences (CSC) Con Edison ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Corning Costco Countrywide Financial (part of Bank of America) Coventry Health Care Crown Holdings CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants DaVita Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Devon Energy Diageo Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dollar General Dominion Resources Dover Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emcor Group Emerson Electric Enbridge Energy Partners Energy Future Holdings Energy Transfer Partners Entergy Enterprise GP Holdings Erie Insurance Group Estée Lauder Exelon Expeditors International Express Scripts ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) Family Dollar Fannie Mae Federal-Mogul FedEx Fidelity Investments Fifth Third Bank First American First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fiserv Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Fortune Brands FPL Group Franklin Templeton Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Frontier Oil GameStop Gannett Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Genuine Parts Genworth Financial GlaxoSmithKline Global Partners GMAC (now Ally Financial) Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) Graybar Electric Group 1 Automotive Guardian Life Insurance Halliburton Harley-Davidson Harrah's Hartford Financial Services HCA Health Net Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Henry Schein Herman Miller Hershey Hertz Hess Corporation Hexion Specialty Chemicals Holly Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira Host Hotels & Resorts Hovnanian Enterprises HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Huntsman IAC IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingram Micro Insight Enterprises Integrys Energy Group Intel International Paper Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Jacobs John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KBR Kellogg Kelly Services KeyBank Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Inc. Kohl's KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel McDonald's McGraw Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Mohawk Industries Molson Coors Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines NRG Energy Nucor NVR Occidental Petroleum Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicare Omnicom ONEOK Oracle Oshkosh Owens & Minor Owens Corning Owens-Illinois Paccar Pacific Mutual Pantry Parker Hannifin Peabody Energy Penske Automotive Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Performance Food Group Peter Kiewit Sons PetSmart Pfizer PG&E Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Pitney Bowes Plains All American Pipeline PNC Financial Services PPG PPL Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prologis Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publix Pulte Homes (part of PulteGroup) Qualcomm Quest Diagnostics R.R. Donnelley & Sons Raytheon Reliant Energy Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Royal Bank of Canada Russell Investments SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Safeco Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Salesforce.com Sallie Mae Sanmina-SCI Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy Shaw Group Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Sysco Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron TIAA-CREF Time Warner TJX Toys R Us Tribune Company Tutor Perini Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS URS US Airways US Bancorp USAA Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies Winn-Dixie Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM!