Access to medicines
- News & reports, international standards and introductory material
- Positive steps by companies
- [DOC] “Human Rights Guidelines for Pharmaceutical Companies in relation to Access to Medicines – draft for consultation”
- Author and date: Paul Hunt, then UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Health, 19 Sep 2007
- Commentaries on the draft Guidelines
- [PDF] “Human rights guidelines for pharmaceutical companies in relation to access to medicines: The sexual and reproductive health context”
- Author and date: Rajat Khosla & Paul Hunt, Human Rights Centre, University of Essex, 2009
- [PDF] “Investing for Life – Meeting poor people’s needs for access to medicines through responsible business practices”
- Oxfam Intl. briefing paper, Nov 2007
- Pharma Futures
- Description: "...an investor-led dialogue that explores how to better align corporate profitability with improved access to innovative and affordable healthcare"
- Access to Medicine Index
- Author: Access to Medicine Foundation
- (New methodology to be published in 2010)
Material by companies:
- GlaxoSmithKline: [PDF] "Public Policy Issues - GlaxoSmithKline’s Position - Intellectual Property & Access to Medicines in Developing Countries"
- Novartis Foundation: [PDF] "Corporate responsibilties for access to medicines"
- Author and date: Klaus Leisinger, 2008