Headquarters in India
Adani Power is a subsidiary.
Human Rights Watch director says baseless lawsuits by cos. are a growing global trend to stop environmental activists
Author: Marcos Orellana, Environment and human rights director, Human Rights Watch
"Green activists are fighting the great fight—but are being dragged down by petty lawsuits | opinion", 07 May 2019...
Author: Tushar Dhara, The Caravan (India)
"Greenpeace India may be forced to halve staff, operations amid government crackdown", 23 January 2019...
Author: Centro de Información sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos
"Riesgos para los derechos y ventajas de las energías renovables: Un análisis sobre los compromisos en materia de derechos humanos de las empresas solares, de bioenergía y geotérmicas", Septiembre 2018...
- Related stories: Renewable Energy Risking Rights & Returns: An analysis of solar, bioenergy & geothermal sectors
- This is a response from the following companies: Access Power ACWA Power Adani Group Akiira Geothermal Alco Group AP Renewables Inc. (APRI; subsidiary of Aboitiz Power) Asia Biomass PCL Avaada Energy BDI Bioenergy International Biopalma (part of Vale) Biotherm Energy Calpine Canadian Solar Climeon Contact Energy Cristal Union Dinant Drax Enerparc First Solar GCL-Poly Genesis Eco-Energy Developments Geothermal Development Co. Gigawatt Global Globeleq Mesoamerica Energy Green Fuel Green Resources Harbin Electric (formerly Harbin Power Equipment) Hareon Solar JinkoSolar Holding Kengen Lantmannen Agroetanol Lightsource BP Mannvit Marubeni Neoen NextGen Solar Novozymes NurEnergie Olsuswa Energy Ormat Pantaleon Sugar Holdings Polaris Infastructure Raizen (joint venture Shell & Cosan) ReneSola Renew Power Ventures Reykjavik Geothermal Scatec Solar Sejahtera Alam Energy Company Shunfeng Clean Energy SolarEdge Sunbird Energy SunEdison SunPower Supreme Energy Suzlon Trina Solar Vena Energy W Dusk Energy Group
This briefing analyses 59 solar, bioenergy and geothermal companies' human rights policies and practices on five key areas: human rights commitment, community consultations, grievance mechanisms, labour rights and supply chain monitoring. It includes ...
Australia: Indigenous groups seek to extend injunction to prevent Indian mining company Adani from defeating their native title
Author: George Roberts, ABC
"Indigenous groups in Federal Court to extend injunction against Adani over native title", 30 January 2018...
- Related companies: Adani Group
Australia: Pacific Islanders call on Australian govt. to not fund Adani coalmine; climate change concerns cited
Author: Naaman Zhou, Guardian (Aus)
1 November 2017...
Author: Jacqueline Williams, New York Times
"Australia Debates: Does a Warming Planet Really Need More Coal?", 14 October 2017...
Author: Paul Karp, The Guardian (UK)
The Adani Carmichael coalmine is not needed to support the economy, the Westpac chief executive [Brian Hartzer] has said in defence of his bank's decision not to finance the mine....Westpac's decision to set a climate policy...was based on its...
- Related stories: Australia: Westpac rules out loan to Adani Group’s coal mine, prompts govt. criticism; incl. companies statements
- Related companies: Adani Group Westpac