Addressing human rights in coffee and cocoa value chains: Embedding the Commodity Trading Sector Guidance on implementing the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
16 January | Bern, Swizerland
Are you a coffee or cocoa grower, processor, trader, retailer, or even a financial institution? Do you want to find ways to better manage potential human rights impacts within your own operations and those of your business partners?
This event brings together the different actors of the coffee and cocoa value chain to strengthen the learning around embedding human rights due diligence, as set out in the Commodity Trading Sector Guidance on the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
By sharing experience and inquiring into how they can interact on due diligence, the players involved can identify areas where implementation challenges need to be explored further.
The event will address questions, such as:
- What are the specific responsibilities of each of the actors along the value chain?
- What do companies need to address human rights impacts individually and what can be done in partnership with others?
- How can companies generate buy-in of internal stakeholders and business partners to take action and ownership?
- How to remediate human rights issues in the supply chains when they occur, individually and collectively?
- What is the role of financial institutions to further the respect for human rights and what are their expectations?
If you would like to discuss these questions with peers, then come along to our event and register here.
For more information about the event follow Link to Job.