Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Addressing Workers’ Rights in the Engineering and Construction Sector: Opportunities for Collaboration
Author: Jean-Baptiste Andrieu, Aude Ucla & Michaela Lee, Business for Social Responsibility (BSR)
BSR conducted research to assess the feasibility of setting up a collaborative initiative that would address challenges that engineering and construction companies face to uphold workers’ rights in their operations and subcontracting supply chains......
Author: edie newsroom (UK)
"The green business reaction: Could Brexit 'erode' environmental policies?," 24 Jun 2016...
- Related stories: Brexit: Potential impacts on climate change & environment
- Related companies: AECOM EY (Ernst & Young) Suez
Author: Barry Meier, New York Times
...On Wednesday, a United States Senate subcommittee is expected to examine those issues [situation of migrant construction workers in Qatar] as part of a hearing into the corruption scandal surrounding FIFA, soccer’s international governing body. The...
- Related stories: US Senate FIFA inquiry examines plight of foreign workers in Qatar
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights and the Qatar World Cup 2022
- Related companies: AECOM Bechtel
AECOM did not respond to: Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand Govts. call on Laos to submit Don Sahong Dam to intergovernmental assessment, citing potentially high impact on fisheries.
- Related stories: Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand Govts.call on Laos to submit Don Sahong Dam to an intergovernmental assessment, citing potentially high impact on fisheries
- This is a non response from the following companies: AECOM
Author: Milton Osborne, Interpreter (Australia)
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited AECOM, Mega First and SMEC to respond. AECOM and SMEC declined to respond. Mega First did not respond - article with company comment provided.] [The Don Sahong] dam has been a matter of controversy...
Author: Nils Rosemann, published by Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF)
This study aims to illustrate patterns of behavioural rules derived from corporate obligations, and to deduce from these a draft Code of Conduct (CoC) for Private Military and Security Companies (PMSCs). The purpose of a Code of Conduct for [PMSCs] is...
- Related companies: AECOM Aegis Defence Services (part of Aegis Group) Aegis Group Alliant Techsystems ArmorGroup (part of G4S) BAE Systems Bechtel Blackwater Boeing CACI Control Risks Cubic Custer Battles DynCorp Erinys International Fluor G4S General Dynamics GEO Group Halliburton Hart Kalyx KBR L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Lockheed Martin Marsh & McLennan MPRI (part of L-3 Communications) Northrop Grumman Olive Group Pacific Architects and Engineers (part of Lockheed Martin) QinetiQ Research Triangle Institute (RTI) Securitas Serco Thales Triple Canopy United Technologies Unity Resources Group WorleyParsons
Author: Andrea Binder and Jan Martin Witte, Overseas Development Institute
This paper [explores] systematically the new roles companies are playing in humanitarian action. The paper is a product of a scoping exercise to assess the depth and nature of non-commercial and commercial business engagement in humanitarian relief;.....
- Related companies: AECOM Alcoa American Express AstraZeneca BASF Bloomberg BP Brandix Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Citigroup Coca-Cola Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Ericsson Goldman Sachs Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase KPMG Microsoft Motorola Nestlé Nike Nortel Networks PepsiCo Pfizer PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Rolls-Royce plc SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) Time Warner TNT (part of TPG) UPS Vodafone Voxiva