Headquarters in Israel & Occupied Palestinian Territories
Author: Itamar Eichner, Ynetnews (Israel)
...30 Israeli companies and 60 international corporations operating in Israel received warning letters from United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights...cautioning them of their impending inclusion in a "blacklist" of companies active beyond...
- Related stories: UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem
- Related companies: Africa Israel Ahava Airbnb Bank Hapoalim Bezeq Caterpillar Cellcom Israel Coca-Cola Egged Cooperative Elbit Systems HP (Hewlett-Packard) Leumi Matrix Mekorot Motorola Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises Netafim Shikun & Binui Teva Pharmaceutical TripAdvisor
Author: ZEMBLA -Onderzoeksjournalistiek
Although still in its early days, Donald Trump's presidency is coming under fire...In the second part of our programme about Donald Trump's controversial friends, we will set our sights on the Israeli billionaire Lev Leviev, who is controversial...
UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem
In March 2016, the UN Human Rights Council adopted Resolution 31/36 which aims to produce a database flagging companies doing business in Israeli settlements, in a bid to highlight corporate complicity in the Israeli occupation. The database was due to...
The [Israeli government] officials discussing the effects of the global boycott against Israel are divided over the potential danger to the state...There are two main contending forces in the debate — the one attempting to play up the danger of the...
Norway's finance ministry has told its $810 billion oil fund, the world's biggest sovereign wealth fund, to stop investing in two Israeli firms and one Indian company on ethical grounds. The ministry instructed the fund for a second time to exclude...
[PDF] Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line - New report lifts the lid on the business practices of dozens of companies operating across the Middle East
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Arabic and French versions below] Companies operating across the Middle East must uphold human rights according to a new report by an international human rights organisation. The new report, released today in Arabic, English and French by the...
- Related stories: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line (press release) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Africa Israel Ahava Al-Hamad Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alstom AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Anglo American Aramex AT&T BAE Systems Blue Coat CACI Carrefour Century Miracle Jordan Citigroup Co-operative Group Emirates Group Etisalat Facebook G4S Google (part of Alphabet) Helwan Fertilizers KBR Lebanese Family Club ManpowerGroup Marks & Spencer Mekorot Microsoft Millicom Mondelēz International MTV Lebanon Ooredoo Orascom PepsiCo Qatar Airways Saudi Aramco Sekem Solb Misr Spinneys Suez Steel (part of Solb Misr) TeliaSonera Tesco Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Vodafone Websense Zain
Response by Africa Israel: Norwegian Govt. revokes exclusion of Africa Israel from pension fund following information that the firm is no longer involved in construction of settlements in the West Bank.
- Related in-depth areas: Norwegian Govt. decision to revoke exclusion of Africa Israel from pension fund (Aug 2013)
- This is a response from the following companies: Africa Israel
Author: Ministry of Finance (Norway)
At the recommendation of the Council on Ethics, the Ministry of Finance has decided to revoke the exclusions [from govt. pension fund] of the companies Africa Israel Investments...and Danya Cebus...The reason for the decision is that the companies are...
Author: Strauss Group & Israel Women's Network
Strauss Group is proud to publish, in collaboration with the Israel Women's Network, the third annual Israeli Catalyst Census, which examines the percentage of women in senior executive positions and on the boards of directors of TA-100 companies. The...