African Rainbow Minerals
Headquarters in South Africa
African Rainbow Minerals website: www.arm.co.za
Anglovaal was renamed African Rainbow Minerals in April 2004.
So. Africa: Govt. publishes new mandatory COVID-19 code of practice for mining companies as cases continue to rise and unions demands all employees to be tested
On the 19th of May, the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy announced the guidelines which require miners to implement a code of practice to mitigate and manage the outbreak of COVID-19. It said a failure by employers to prepare and implement a...
Author: Mining Weekly (South Africa)
‘First payments in South African silicosis settlement expected in second quarter’ 5 February 2020...
So. Africa: R5-billion silicosis settlement approved by the Johannesburg high court is not a finite amount
Author: Tshegofatso Mathe, Mail & Guardian (South Africa)
‘Money from the silicosis settlement is not fixed’ 29 July 2019...
So. Africa: Johannesburg High Court approves $353 million class action settlement in lawsuit against mining firms re lung disease
Author: Africa News
"South African court approves $353 million class action settlement", 28 Jul 2019...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Update Latest news on natural resources Latest news on proposed binding treaty Natural Resources
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci
So. Africa: Trust to disburse funds to miners following silicosis & tuberculosis lawsuit settlement to be established in 2019
Author: South African News Agency
"Silicosis fund to be established in April 2019", 17 Oct 2018...
So. Africa: Six workers killed in bus attack en route to ARM & Anglo American Platinum operated mine
Author: Ed Stoddard, Reuters (South Africa)
"Six workers killed in bus attack en route to South African platinum mine", 3 April 2018...
Author: Ed Stoddard, Reuters
South African gold producers will likely reach a settlement within six weeks in a lawsuit over a fatal lung disease that companies have set aside R5 billion in provisions for, a lawyer and industry group said on Sunday...A spokesman for the working...
So. Africa: Class-action silicosis case likely to take six months to settle as three new companies join the matter
Author: Allan Seccombe, Business Day (South Africa)
"Class-action silicosis case likely to take six months to settle as three new companies join the matter", 7 Feb 2018...
- Related stories: Gold miner silicosis litigation (re So. Africa) So. Africa: Court allows silicosis & tuberculosis class action lawsuits against gold mining companies So. Africa: Gold mining companies to appeal silicosis & tuberculosis class action certification Show moreShow less
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti DRDGold Gold Fields Harmony Gold Randgold (part of Barrick Gold)