AGIP (part of Eni)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Italy
Author: Amnesty Intl. & Centre for Environment, Human Rights and Development (CEHRD)
This report is based on ongoing research – including a visit to Bodo in May 2011 – by Amnesty International and…CEHRD…The True “Tragedy” details the human cost of the oil spills in Bodo three years on. It outlines Nigeria’s obligations to address this...
Author: Hamisu Muhammad, Daily Trust [Nigeria]
Top oil operators in the country met...in Abuja over the oil spill report submitted to President Goodluck Jonathan...by the United Nations Environmental Programme...on Ogoni, a community in Rivers State. The meeting which held at the headquarters of...
Author: United Nations Environment Programme
This report presents the results of an environmental assessment…in Ogoniland, Nigeria. The study covers thematic issues of contaminated land, groundwater, surface water and sediments, vegetation, air pollution and public health…Ogoniland has witnessed...
Author: Stephen Yeboah, Ghana Business News
The people of Etiema are threatening a court action against Agip [part of eni]...for what they describe as unfair treatment...The court action he said will be in pursuance of justice for the deaths of about 20 youth as a result of oil company...
- Related stories: Niger Delta community to sue Agip (part of eni) for unfair treatment & deaths of 20 youth allegedly as a result of oil operations
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) Eni Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) (joint venture Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Eni, ConocoPhillips) Shell
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing highlights reports from a range of sources about how businesses have impacted human rights, positively and negatively, in Anglophone Africa over the past year... [Headings:] Examples of the “resource curse” ...HIV/AIDS and TB...Dams:...
- Related stories: New briefing on business & human rights in Anglophone Africa, by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: Accor AGIP (part of Eni) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Best Western Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Carlson Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Collum Coal Mining Daimler De Beers DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni Ericsson ExxonMobil Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Ford General Motors Hess Corporation Hilton Hyatt IBM InterContinental Hotels Lahmeyer Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer Mbada Diamonds (joint venture New Reclamation Group & Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation) Microsoft MTN New Reclamation Newmont NH Hoteles Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Rapaport Group Red Back Mining Rheinmetall Richemont SABMiller Salini Impregilo Shell Starwood Hotels Total Tullow Oil Vanco Energy Walmart Wilderness Safaris Zain Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
ECOWAS’ court assumes jurisdiction over SERAP [Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project], FGN [Federal Govt. of Nigeria], NNPC’s [Nigerian Natl. Petroleum Corporation] suit
Author: Foluso Ogunmodede, Nigerian Compass
THE ECOWAS Community Court of Justice in Abuja has ruled that it has unfeterred jurisdictional power to entertain a suit initiated by the Registered Trustees of the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) against the Federal...
Author: Socio-Economic Rights & Accountability Project (SERAP)
The ECOWAS Community Court of Justice in Abuja has held that it has jurisdiction to entertain a case brought by the Registered Trustees of the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) against the Federal Government and six oil...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) Chevron Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni ExxonMobil Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) (joint venture Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Eni, ConocoPhillips) Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Shell Total
[PDF] Revenue transparency to mitigate the resource curse in the Niger Delta? - Potential and Reality of NEITI
Author: Marie Müller, Bonn International Center for Conversion (BICC)
…Nigeria can serve as an interesting test case for inquiring to what extent revenue transparency can actually contribute to greater accountability…The paper is therefore guided by the question: To what extent can the Nigeria Extractive Industries...