AGIP (part of Eni)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Italy
Author: Christian Purefoy, CNN
Nigeria's Niger Delta is one of the most oil-polluted places on the planet with more than 6,800 recorded oil spills...But occurring over the 50 years since oil production began in the Delta, this environmental disaster has never received the attention...
- Related stories: Civil society coalition calls for new compensation body to address oil spills in the Niger Delta
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) Eni
Author: Daniel Howden, Independent [UK]
Shell's Opolo-Epie facility is the newest gas flare in the Niger Delta. And it gives the lie to claims from oil multinationals and the Nigerian government that they are close to bringing an end to the destructive and wasteful practice of gas flaring.....
Author: Ingo Pies, Alexandra von Winning, Markus Sardison & Katrin Girlich, Chair of Business Ethics, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
This study examines, from the perspective of Business Ethics, how the member companies in the Association of the German Petroleum Industry as well as their international parent and sister companies engage for more sustainability, in particular Agip...
Author: Service d'information des Nations Unies
Une évaluation menée par le Programme des Nations Unies pour l'environnement (PNUE) avec le soutien du gouverneur de l'Etat de Rivers, au Nigéria, va analyser pendant un an l'impact de la production pétrolière en termes de pollution sur les eaux du...
Author: UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
A major assessment of the impacts of oil production in the Ogoni region of the Niger Delta was jointly launched today by the Governor of Rivers State and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) in Bori, Nigeria. The assessment, which was...
- Related stories: Nigeria: UN Environment Programme launches assessment of oil-contaminated Ogoni region, paid for by Shell
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights impacts of oil pollution: Nigeria
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Shell Total
Author: Davidson Iriekpen, This Day [Nigeria]
Shell Petroleum Develop-ment Company (SPDC) and Elf Petroleum Nigeria Ltd have asked the ECOWAS Community Court of Justice in Abuja to dismiss a suit instituted against the oil companies by the Registered Trustees of the Socio-Economic Rights &...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) Chevron ConocoPhillips Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni ExxonMobil Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) (joint venture Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Eni, ConocoPhillips) Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Shell Total
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Shell to respond to a report by Amnesty International regarding its operations in Nigeria, “Nigeria: Petroleum, pollution and poverty in the Niger Delta”....
- Related stories: Nigeria: Amnesty report says oil industry has brought pollution, poverty & human rights violation to Niger Delta Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa)
- Related in-depth areas: Amnesty Intl report on impact of oil industry on human rights in Nigeria and company responses
- Related companies: AGIP (part of Eni) Chevron Eni ExxonMobil Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Shell Total
Author: Victor Emeruwa, Africa News
Eight oil communities have instituted a law suit against Shell, Chevron, Exxon Mobil, Agip [part of ENI] and the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation for what it called gross injustice and unfairness to the host communities. “Shell since 1996...