Headquarters in Israel & Occupied Palestinian Territories
Author: Itamar Eichner, Ynetnews (Israel)
...30 Israeli companies and 60 international corporations operating in Israel received warning letters from United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights...cautioning them of their impending inclusion in a "blacklist" of companies active beyond...
- Related stories: UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem
- Related companies: Africa Israel Ahava Airbnb Bank Hapoalim Bezeq Caterpillar Cellcom Israel Coca-Cola Egged Cooperative Elbit Systems HP (Hewlett-Packard) Leumi Matrix Mekorot Motorola Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises Netafim Shikun & Binui Teva Pharmaceutical TripAdvisor
Diakonia brief examines the legal context & accountability of corporations operating in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
Author: Diakonia International Humanitarian Law Resource Centre
"The Unsettling Business of Settlement Business", May 2015...
UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem; Israel criticises measure
Author: John Reed, Financial Times (USA)
"Israel decries UN 'blacklist' of companies working in settlements", 24 Mar 2016...
- Related stories: UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem - Authorities & NGOs criticise measure
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News
- Related companies: Ahava SodaStream
UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem
In March 2016, the UN Human Rights Council adopted Resolution 31/36 which aims to produce a database flagging companies doing business in Israeli settlements, in a bid to highlight corporate complicity in the Israeli occupation. The database was due to...
Author: United Methodist Kairos Response
"As Israel's Settlements Expand, Church Boycotts Grow", 13 Nov 2014...
FIDH Briefing Paper on business & human rights "Enhancing Standards and Ensuring Redress" (Mar 2014) - with company responses & non-responses
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Ahava, Groupe Forrest Intl, Vale to respond. Groupe Forrest & Vale responses provided. Ahava did not respond] In March 2014, the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) issued a...
- Related stories: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line (press release) Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin – Issue 11, December 2013 France : La justice ordonne la poursuite de l’enquête accusant Amesys de «complicité de torture» sous le régime de Kadhafi France : Le gouvernement encadrera l’exportation des logiciels de surveillance par les entreprises comme Amesys & Qosmos vers les dictatures France: FIDH & LDH file criminal complaint against Amesys alleging complicity in human rights violations committed by Gaddafi regime in Libya France: Une information judiciaire ouverte suite à une plainte de 2 ONG accusant la société Amesys de complicité d’actes de torture en Libye James Dunne : « Pendant des années, mon travail a servi à des tyrans » Report analyses barriers to access judicial remedy for victims of human rights abuses by companies & makes recommendations Resource Centre launches new briefing - highlights human rights lawsuits against companies over alleged abuses in over 25 countries USA: Corporate speakers at Silicon Valley Human Rights Conference acknowledge need for greater consideration for human rights Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Ahava Vale
- Related in-depth areas: FIDH Briefing Paper on business & human rights "Enhancing Standards and Ensuring Redress" (2014)
- This is a response from the following companies: Ahava
[PDF] Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line - New report lifts the lid on the business practices of dozens of companies operating across the Middle East
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Arabic and French versions below] Companies operating across the Middle East must uphold human rights according to a new report by an international human rights organisation. The new report, released today in Arabic, English and French by the...
- Related stories: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Businesses across the Middle East must put human rights above the bottom line (press release) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Africa Israel Ahava Al-Hamad Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alstom AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Anglo American Aramex AT&T BAE Systems Blue Coat CACI Carrefour Century Miracle Jordan Citigroup Co-operative Group Emirates Group Etisalat Facebook G4S Google (part of Alphabet) Helwan Fertilizers KBR Lebanese Family Club ManpowerGroup Marks & Spencer Mekorot Microsoft Millicom Mondelēz International MTV Lebanon Ooredoo Orascom PepsiCo Qatar Airways Saudi Aramco Sekem Solb Misr Spinneys Suez Steel (part of Solb Misr) TeliaSonera Tesco Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Vodafone Websense Zain
Author: Who Profits
According to the new guidelines issued by the EU...the various EU bodies can no longer fund or dispense awards and grants to commercial companies, public bodies and organizations working within settlements...[T]he recommendations do not mean a boycott...