Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Author: Oxfam International and the Sustainable Seafood Alliance Indonesia
... Our interviews with workers on Thai fishing vessels... suggest that forced labour and other appalling employment practices are still in use. Our findings echo those of other recent reports, meaning that supermarkets sourcing shrimp and other...
- Related stories: Oxfam scores US and European supermarkets on food supply chains
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry and Human Rights: Fishing
- Related companies: Ahold Delhaize Albertsons Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Costco Edeka Group Jumbo Kroger Lidl Morrisons Plus REWE-Group Sainsbury's Tesco Walmart Whole Foods Market
Author: Nic Jooste, Produce Business UK
CSR is now commonplace in Europe, and many companies have developed a CSR strategy in one form or [A] number of new trends have emerged......
In 2017, CHRB launched the first Corporate Human Rights Benchmark, a landmark assessment of the largest public companies in the agricultural products, apparel and extractives industries. In 2018, CHRB will be releasing the follow up benchmark and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark launches 2018 Progress Report
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol EOG Resources ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Petroleum Marks & Spencer McDonald's Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Woolworths Group YUM!
Author: Janene Pieters, NL Times
"Dutch supermarket chain Albert Heijn is facing criticism about client profiles that new employees have to learn. The profiles include a black woman with a child to represent clients who buy cheaper products, and a white man as a "Premium client". The...
Author: Progressive Grocer
"Ahold Delhaize, Albertsons Cos. and Target Inc. have joined with consumer goods manufacturers and civic groups to form the North American Sustainable Palm Oil Network (NASPON), with the mission of educating, building momentum, and helping North...
US retailers make progress towards improving working conditions in the tuna industry, finds Greenpeace
Author: The Maritime Executive
"In its second canned tuna ranking, Greenpeace USA found that a number of U.S. retailers have made significant progress toward offering consumers more sustainable and ethical products....
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Netherlands: Businesses, govts., civil society, & financers must work together to achieve Sustainable Development Goals, says Advisory Council on Intl. Affairs
Author: Advisory Council on International Affairs
"The Dutch Diamond Dynamic: Doing Business in the Context of the New Sustainable Development Goals," 29 Jan 2016...
Author: Michael Holtz, Christian Science Monitor
In a 14-part global series on labor trafficking, The Monitor investigated promising and innovative solutions to modern-day slavery. Here are six of them....