Headquarters in USA
UK: Deliveroo's employment practices contradict GDPR regulations & undermine workers' rights, says union
Author: Aliya Ram, Financial Times
"Deliveroo’s substitute courier policy called into question", 6 August 2018...
- Related stories: General Data Protection Regulation: Issues of compliance and non-compliance
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Gig Economy
- Related companies: Airbnb Deliveroo Uber
Author: El País
"Food delivery firm Deliveroo facing €1.3m Social Security bill over work contracts", 3 July 2018...
Author: Rachel Knaebel, Observatoire des Multinationales
« Airbnb tente d'échapper aux règles de transparence du lobbying au nom du « secret commercial » », 18 juin 2018...
- Related companies: Airbnb
Author: Kieran Guilbert, Global News (Canada)
"Airbnb vows to crack down on sex traffickers using its properties as brothels," 18 February 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: Airbnb Uber
Author: Faris Natour
"Respecting Human Rights in the On-Demand Economy: Closing the New Governance Gap," 11 April 2016...
Author: Cindy Huang, Center for Global Development
...One of the most promising entry points for global businesses is including refugees in hiring and supply chains. As employers and buyers at the helm of extensive supply chains that reach deep into local markets, global businesses can play an...
- Related stories: Access to work in Jordan & Lebanon for Syrian refugees, migrant workers & host populations
- Related companies: Airbnb IKEA
Author: Ludovic Dupin, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« One planet summit : les cinq engagements qui font (vraiment) entrer l’accord de paris dans l’économie réelle », 14 décembre 2017...
Author: Itamar Eichner, Ynetnews (Israel)
...30 Israeli companies and 60 international corporations operating in Israel received warning letters from United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights...cautioning them of their impending inclusion in a "blacklist" of companies active beyond...
- Related stories: UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem
- Related companies: Africa Israel Ahava Airbnb Bank Hapoalim Bezeq Caterpillar Cellcom Israel Coca-Cola Egged Cooperative Elbit Systems HP (Hewlett-Packard) Leumi Matrix Mekorot Motorola Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises Netafim Shikun & Binui Teva Pharmaceutical TripAdvisor
Many companies in high-risk sectors aren’t addressing slavery risks in UK Modern Slavery Act statements, report says
The report published by CORE Coalition provides an overview of how companies are including information in their Slavery and Human Trafficking Statements on the risks of modern slavery in their supply chains and operations. It focuses on 50 companies...