Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in France
[PDF] Calling for Corporate Accountability: A Guide to the 2011 OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
Author: OECD Watch
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Glencore, POSCO, Shell, Statkraft and Ratiopharm to respond to certain allegations in the guide. Responses provided.] The guide is intended to help you understand how the dispute resolution...
- Related stories: OECD Watch issues "Calling for Corporate Accountability: A Guide to the 2011 OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises".
- Related in-depth areas: “Calling for Corporate Accountability: A Guide to the 2011 OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises”
- Related companies: Accor Afrimex Airbus (part of EADS) Arcelor Mittal BAE Systems BP Cargill Cermaq Continental AG EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) Ecom Agroindustrial Glencore Glencore Xstrata (now Glencore) ICT Cotton Intex Resources Louis Dreyfus Nidera Oryx Natural Resources Otto Stadtlander Posco Ratiopharm (part of Teva Pharmaceutical) Rolls-Royce plc Shell Statkraft Vedanta Resources
Author: William McLennan, The Ecologist
Europe’s biggest airlines, including British Airways, Lufthansa and KLM [part of Air France KLM] have announced a major biofuels drive despite UN calls to limit biofuel growth...The EU has set targets for 10 per cent of transport fuels to come from...
[PDF] Assessing the contribution of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises to responsible business conduct
Author: Joris Oldenziel (SOMO), Joseph Wilde-Ramsing (SOMO) & Patricia Feeney (RAID)
This report assesses the contribution of the OECD Guidelines to responsible business conduct, sustainable development, and the resolution and reduction of conflicts between companies and communities regarding social issues, environmental concerns, and...
- Related stories: 10th OECD roundtable on corporate responsibility to focus on supply chains, human rights, environment & climate change (Paris, 30 Jun - 1 Jul) OECD Watch new report: "Assessing the contribution of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises to responsible business conduct"
- Related companies: ACC Capital Holdings Accor adidas Afrimex Airbus (part of EADS) Aker Kvaerner Alcoa Anglo American Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) ANZ Bank Ascendant Copper (now Copper Mesa Mining) Atlas Copco Avient Air Bayer BHP Billiton Botnia BP Brylane (part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute) Cabot Corporation Cermaq Chevron ConocoPhillips Continental AG Daewoo Group Das Air Cargo Delta Hess (joint venture Amerada Hess & Delta Oil) Delta Oil Dexia DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) Eni ExxonMobil First Quantum Minerals G-Star George Forrest Goldcorp GSL (now G4S) Hess Corporation Intex Resources KBC KfW KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Marathon Oil National Grid Nike Nutreco OM Group Oryx Natural Resources PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Ratiopharm (part of Teva Pharmaceutical) Rio Tinto Rolls-Royce plc Sandvik Shell Skanska Statoil Suez Total Toyota Tractebel (part of GDF Suez) Transco (part of National Grid) Tremalt Triumph International Tropical Farm Management Unocal (part of Chevron) Vattenfall Vedanta Resources Volkswagen Votorantim West LB Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: DPA (Deutsche Presse Agentur)
Car manufacturer Renault has been found guilty by a French court of racial discrimination against two employees from Martinique and Togo who had worked at Renault since the 1970s... Renault said in Paris Thursday that the company did not yet know what...
Author: Hélène Huteau, Novethic [France]
Le programme de recherche européen Clean Sky rassemble et soutient la filière aéronautique dans la conception de futurs avions, plus propres et économes. Le changement climatique et le prix du pétrole sont devenus des moteurs majeurs de l'innovation...
Author: Carlos Grande, Financial Times
The question of how advertisers should address increased public awareness of global warming and its implications for consumer behaviour is one of the themes of this year's [Cannes Film Festival]. It follows a recent rise in the number of companies in...
Author: European Commission - Directorate-General for Research, Directorate C - Science and Society
Early in 2005 a group composed of 20 company representatives and 5 experts in economics engineering and social sciences worked to make the business case for gender diversity in Science and Technology... Not so long ago...technically intensive...
Author: Intl. Confederation of Free Trade Unions
Updated on Tuesday, November 08, 2005. This list is not exhaustive. We are ready to correct any factual errors which it may contain. As we receive information on further companies which are active in Burma we will approach them in the same way and,...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Other issues Southeast Asia
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Kent Acer Aditya Birla Group Adventures Abroad Air Canada Air China Air France KLM Airbus (part of EADS) Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Amer American Express Aptech Atwood Oceanics Austrian Airlines Bangkok Bank Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Ben Line Agencies Berli Jucker BJ Services Black Canyon Blue Mountain BlueScope Steel Cambrian Caterpillar Cathay Pacific Celio Ceylon Express CHC Chengda Chevalier Chia Khim Lee China Airlines China Metallurgical (MCC) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Telecom Chiyoda CNA CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coles Group (part of Wesfarmers) Cosco CP (Charoen Pokphand) Crédit Agricole Daewoo International (part of Posco) Datang Telecom Technology Davis Langdon DBS Bank Deutsche Bank DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diethelm Keller DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dongfeng Motor Downer Edi Dr. Reddy's Laboratories East Asiatic Company Electricité et Eaux de Madagascar Eni ESRI Essar Group First Cabin First Choice Holidays Fortinet Fritz Werner Company Fuji Heavy Industries GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Garuda Indonesia General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Hagemeyer Hapag-Lloyd Group Hashimoto Trading Hazama Hitachi Hitchins Hutchison Whampoa Hyosung Hyundai Corporation (part of Hyundai Group) Hyundai Group IGB Corporation Berhad IHC Caland Indian Airlines Indian Oil Corporation Inetol Headwear Ingersoll-Rand International Hardwood Flooring International SOS Interra Systems Italthai (Italian-Thai Development Public Company) Itochu Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Japan Airlines Jardine Matheson Jet Gold JFE JGC Kajima Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Korea United Pharm Kunming Light Industry Machinery Leeward Capital Leica Geosystems Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Lexmark LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) LightPointe Lloyd's of London Lonely Planet Louis Dreyfus LSG Sky Chefs Lufthansa Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Majuko Malaysia Airlines Marubeni Michelin Midas Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL) Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) MMC Natixis Nera Nestlé NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - India) Nikki Shoji (part of JGC) Nippon Koei Nippon Oil Nishimatsu Construction Nissei NORINCO (China North Industries) Numaligarh Refinery (NRL) Oil India Okaya Omega Watches (part of Swatch) ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) OOCL (part of Orient Overseas (International) Limited) Orient Express Otis (part of United Technologies) Pansea Hotels & Resorts Pertamina Petronas Polyphon Film PTT Qantas Airways Qatar Airways R.Crusoe & Son Ranbaxy Laboratories Rheinmetall Robbins Timber Rolls-Royce plc Samgong Samsung Sanyo (part of Panasonic) Satho Hazir Giyim Schenker Schindler Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scomi Sea Containers Senao Shangri-La Hotel Shin SHM Smith Hodgkinson Siemens Singapore Petroleum Sinohydro Sinopec Snamprogetti (part of Eni) Sojitz Solvay Sompo Japan Spilan Square Pharmaceuticals (part of Square Group) SriLankan Airlines State Bank of India Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Wah Suzuki Swatch Swift (co-operative) Telekom Malaysia Texchem Thai Airways International Thomas Cook Tiffany Tipco Asphalt Total Transocean UBS UMW United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) Verisign Waagner-Biro Willis Zhejiang Orient Holding ZTE