Aker Kvaerner website: www.akerkvaerner.com
Author: Amnesty International UK
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited UK Export Finance (UKEF) to respond. UKEF's response is provided below] [The] eagerness [of UKEF] to help secure new overseas contracts for British companies often comes at the expense of human...
[PDF] Assessing the contribution of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises to responsible business conduct
Author: Joris Oldenziel (SOMO), Joseph Wilde-Ramsing (SOMO) & Patricia Feeney (RAID)
This report assesses the contribution of the OECD Guidelines to responsible business conduct, sustainable development, and the resolution and reduction of conflicts between companies and communities regarding social issues, environmental concerns, and...
- Related stories: 10th OECD roundtable on corporate responsibility to focus on supply chains, human rights, environment & climate change (Paris, 30 Jun - 1 Jul) OECD Watch new report: "Assessing the contribution of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises to responsible business conduct"
- Related companies: ACC Capital Holdings Accor adidas Afrimex Airbus (part of EADS) Aker Kvaerner Alcoa Anglo American Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) ANZ Bank Ascendant Copper (now Copper Mesa Mining) Atlas Copco Avient Air Bayer BHP Billiton Botnia BP Brylane (part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute) Cabot Corporation Cermaq Chevron ConocoPhillips Continental AG Daewoo Group Das Air Cargo Delta Hess (joint venture Amerada Hess & Delta Oil) Delta Oil Dexia DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) Eni ExxonMobil First Quantum Minerals G-Star George Forrest Goldcorp GSL (now G4S) Hess Corporation Intex Resources KBC KfW KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Marathon Oil National Grid Nike Nutreco OM Group Oryx Natural Resources PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Ratiopharm (part of Teva Pharmaceutical) Rio Tinto Rolls-Royce plc Sandvik Shell Skanska Statoil Suez Total Toyota Tractebel (part of GDF Suez) Transco (part of National Grid) Tremalt Triumph International Tropical Farm Management Unocal (part of Chevron) Vattenfall Vedanta Resources Volkswagen Votorantim West LB Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Tara Bedi (Editor), Trócaire
[includes full text of the following articles:]...
Author: OHCHR, IBLF, UN Global Compact & Castan Centre for Human Rights Law at Faculty of Law, Monash University [Australia]
Readers are guided through each of the rights contained in the UN treaties...and given a description of what each right means in general terms and how it may be relevant to a company’s activities...To bring reality to the report, each description of a...
- Related stories: Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Freeport-McMoRan lawsuits (re West Papua) New practical human rights guide for business by UN Global Compact, IBLF, Castan Centre, OHCHR Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Arbitrary detention - an introduction Health - an introduction Killings - an introduction Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Abengoa adidas Aker Kvaerner Alcoa Alibaba.com AOL Barclays Bayer Bayer CropScience (part of Bayer) Bebidas y Alimentos Bechtel Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) BHP Billiton BP British Airways British American Tobacco CACI CBRL Group Chevron Cisco Systems Coca-Cola Cracker Barrel (part of CBRL Group) Credit Suisse Dow Chemical Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Emergent Genetics (part of Monsanto) Enron Ernst & Young Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan G4S GlaxoSmithKline Google GSL Australia (now G4S Australia) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA James Hardie Johnson & Johnson KPMG Levi Strauss Marriott McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto Novartis Pentland Group Pfizer PricewaterhouseCoopers Shell Starbucks Titan (now L-3 Titan) Total Toyota TPG UBS Unilever Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Walt Disney Yahoo!
[PDF] Human rights, alternative dispute resolution and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
Author: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Briefing note for the participants at the Workshop on Accountability and Dispute Resolution...being organised by John Ruggie and Jane Nelson of Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government...The goal of the Workshop is “to devise and make...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The table below lists a range of human rights issues for business. For each issue, it provides an example of a positive company initiative and an example of an alleged abuse....
- Related stories: Institute for Corporate Culture Affairs launches handbook on corporate social responsibility -- includes chapters by Sir Geoffrey Chandler and about initiatives by Alcoa, Bertelsmann, Body Shop, BT, Calvert Group, Canon, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank,...
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories adidas Aker Kvaerner Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) Archer Daniels Midland Ballarpur Industries Barratts Bayer Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) BP Bristol-Myers Squibb CACI Cargill Carrefour Casino Caterpillar Cemex Children's Place Cisco Systems Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Cotton Group De Beers Dell Deutsche Bank Doe Run (part of Renco) DuPont EDF Eskom ExxonMobil Fluor Gap Gilead Sciences Glamis Gold (part of Goldcorp) GlaxoSmithKline Grupo Nueva H&M Hess Corporation Holcim HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC IBM IKEA Inditex ING Intel J.C. Penney Kader Levi Strauss MAC Cosmetics (part of Estée Lauder) Marathon Oil Mattel Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Microsoft Morgan Stanley Nestlé New Wave Group Newman's Own Nike Pentland Group Procter & Gamble Rabobank Reebok (part of adidas) Riggs Bank (now part of PNC Financial Services) Rio Tinto Roche Royal Philips Electronics SC Johnson Sears Sony Starbucks Statoil Stella International [Taiwan] Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Texaco (part of Chevron) Thames Water (part of RWE) Titan (now L-3 Titan) UBS Unilever United Airlines (part of United Continental) Virgin Blue (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Volkswagen Walmart Walt Disney Yahoo!
Coalition of Diverse Companies From Around the World Commit to First-Ever 'World Safety Declaration'
A coalition of diverse, cross-industry companies from around the world today announced their commitment to advance workplace and home safety practices globally over the next three years by participating in the first-ever "World Safety Declaration:...