Al Jaber Group
Headquarters in United Arab Emirates
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (July 2017)
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J.C. Penney Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of RNF Holding) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff
We invited Al Jaber Group to respond to a set of questions on its policies and procedures for the welfare and working conditions of migrant construction workers in the UAE. Al Jaber Group responded....
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & responses: Outreach to construction firms in Qatar and the UAE
- Related companies: Al Jaber Group