Headquarters in USA
Website for Alliance One: www.aointl.com
Author: Elisha Otieno, Daily Nation (Kenya)
"Fortunes continue to dwindle for once rich tobacco farmers"...
Investigation reveals rampant child labour in tobacco industry in Indonesia, Malawi & Mexico; includes companies' comments
Author: Sarah Boseley, The Guardian
"Child labour rampant in tobacco industry"...
Human Rights Watch recently released a report titled A Bitter Harvest: Child Labour and Human Rights Abuses on Tobacco Farms in Zimbabwe, documenting how children work in hazardous conditions, performing tasks that threaten their health and safety or...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Alliance One International
"Alliance One International Response to Business & Human Rights Resource Center"...
- Related stories: Tanzania: Legal & Human Rights Centre releases national Human Rights & Business Report for 2014
- This is a response from the following companies: Alliance One
Author: Human Rights Watch
[Includes correspondence with Altria, British American Tobacco, China National Tobacco, Imperial Tobacco, Japan Tobacco, Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group), Philip Morris International, Reynolds American & Universal Corporation]
- Related stories: USA: Children working on tobacco farms suffer from nicotine poisoning, Human Rights Watch report - includes video
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Alliance One Altria British American Tobacco Imperial Tobacco Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group) Philip Morris International Reynolds American Universal Corporation