Headquarters in USA
Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
Demand the supply: ranking consumer electronics and jewelry retail companies on their efforts to develop conflict-free minerals supply chains from Congo
Author: Annie Callaway, The Enough Project
The Enough Project’s 2017 conflict minerals company rankings examine 20 of the largest companies...in two of the industries which consume the most tin, tungsten, tantalum, and gold [often referred to as conflicts minerals or 3TG]: consumer electronics...
- Related stories: Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple Costco Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.C. Penney Macy's Microsoft Neiman Marcus Panasonic Samsung Sears Signet Sony Target Tiffany Toshiba Walmart
Google discusses commitment to be 100% renewable-powered & need for increased renewable energy in Asia
Author: Robin Hicks, Eco-Business
“Google wants Asia to get serious about renewable energy”, 1 Nov 2017...
New report calls on internet cos. to do more to fight terrorist incitement & disinformation in line with responsibility to uphold human rights
Author: NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights & World Economic Forum
"Harmful Content: The Role of Internet Platform Companies in Fighting Terrorist Incitement and Politically Motivated Disinformation", Nov 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet AT&T Bing (part of Microsoft) Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Jigsaw (part of Robinson Webster Holdings) Johnson & Johnson LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Microsoft PepsiCo Robinson Webster Signal International Skype (part of Microsoft) Telegram Messenger Twitter Walmart Whatsapp (part of Facebook) YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Techonomy Media urges tech giants to increase internet transparency for the benefit of civil society
Author: Ann Babe, Techonomy
“The Internet Under Attack Is Civil Society Under Attack”, 7 Nov 2017...
USA: 76 companies ask Supreme Court clarity on whether law banning sex discrimination at work protects LGBT employees
Author: Daniel Wiessner, Reuters
"Microsoft, Apple among companies urging U.S. Supreme Court to weigh gay workers' rights", 11 Oct 2017...
Author: Institute for Human Rights and Business (IHRB), Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
...The United Nations Human Rights Office has developed five Standards of Conduct to support the business community in tackling discrimination against lesbian, gay, bi, trans and intersex (LGBTI) people......
2017 Corporate Accountability Index on digital rights reveals cos. do not disclose enough information to users
Author: Ranking Digital Rights (USA)
"Ranking Digital Rights: 2017 Corporate Accountability Index", 20 Sep 2017...
- Related stories: Ranking Digital Rights: Internet & telecommunications companies ranked on freedom of expression & privacy
- Related in-depth areas: Digital freedom Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Etisalat Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Tencent Twitter Verizon Vodafone Yahoo! (part of Verizon)