Headquarters in USA
American Airlines website: http://www.aa.com
Supreme Court leaves in place decision vs United on ADA [Americans with Disabilities Act] accommodation
Author: Amanda Becker & Lawrence Hurley, Thomson Reuters
The U.S. Supreme Court…declined to hear an appeal by United Airlines…over what accommodations it must make for employees who become unable to perform their current jobs. The action left in place a ruling by the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which...
Author: Associated Press
A California family that was not allowed to board a cross-country flight says they believe they were discriminated against because their son has Down syndrome.Robert Vanderhorst, his wife Joan and 16-year-old son Bede, who is disabled, were booked to...
[PDF] Corporate Equality Index 2012; Rating American Workplaces on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality
Author: Human Rights Campaign Foundation
...[T]he Corporate Equality Index [CEI] represents [how] corporate America...prioritize[s] the protection, recruitment and retention of LGBT [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender] employees...[S]uccessful U.S. businesses have proven...that LGBT...
- Related stories: USA: Report of Human Rights Campaign Foundation rates over 300 companies on their lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender policies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices Aegon AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agco Agilent Technologies Ahold AIG Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems Allstate Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Amerigroup Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arizona Public Service Company (part of Pinnacle West Capital) Arnold & Porter Arrow Electronics ArvinMeritor Ashland Assurant AstraZeneca AT&T Atmos Energy Auto-Owners Insurance Autoliv AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baker Hughes Baldor Electric Ball Corp. Bank of America Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club BlackRock Blockbuster BNP Paribas Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Boston Scientific BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Brown Shoe Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Cameron International Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cargill Carlson CarMax Casino Caterpillar CBS Celanese CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Charter Communications Chesapeake Energy Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox CMS Energy CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Community Health Systems Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) Con Edison ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Credit Suisse Crown Holdings CSX Cummins Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants DaVita Dean Foods Delhaize Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu DelSur (part of PPL Corporation) Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Devon Energy Diageo Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dollar General Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Domtar Dorsey & Whitney Dover Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emcor Group Emerson Electric Energy Future Holdings Energy Transfer Partners Entergy EOG Resources Erie Insurance Group Ernst & Young Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia Express Scripts ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Family Dollar Fannie Mae FedEx Fenwick & West Fifth Third Bank First American First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) First Horizon FirstEnergy Fiserv Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Fortune Brands Franklin Templeton Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Frontier Oil GameStop Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Genuine Parts Genworth Financial Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Global Partners Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Graybar Electric Group 1 Automotive Guardian Life Insurance H&R Block H. J. Heinz (see Heinz) Halliburton Hallmark Cards Hanesbrands Hanover Insurance Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro HCA Health Care Service Health Net Henry Schein Herman Miller Hershey Hertz Hess Corporation Hilton Holland & Knight Holly Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira Host Hotels & Resorts Howrey LLP HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Huntsman Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingram Micro Integrys Energy Group Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Jacobs Engineering Jarden Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KB Home KBR Kellogg's Kelly Services Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kinder Morgan Inc. Kohl's KPMG Kraft Foods Kroger L.L.Bean Land O'Lakes Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Global Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Littler Mendelson Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife Micron Microsoft Mirant Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola Solutions Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nash Finch National Grid National Oilwell Varco Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike NiSource Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northern Trust Northrop Grumman Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicare Omnicom ONEOK Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Oshkosh Owens & Minor Owens Corning Owens-Illinois Paccar Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pantry Parker Hannifin Peabody Energy Pearson Penske Automotive PepsiCo PetSmart Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes Plains All American Pipeline PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Polo Ralph Lauren PPG Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publicis Qualcomm Quest Diagnostics R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Ross Stores Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Ryland Safeway (USA) Sallie Mae Sanmina-SCI Sanofi-Aventis Sara Lee Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shaw Group Shell Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Symantec Sysco T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Travelers Tutor Perini Tyson UBS UGI Utilities Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS URS US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin America Virgin Media Visa International Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati Winn-Dixie WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) YUM!
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility
Recognizing the broad influence of business on the global supply chain, an investor coalition representing over 90 organizations worldwide and led by the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR) has issued a statement asking 27 companies...
- Related stories: Global investor coalition urges business to adopt policies to eradicate human trafficking & modern slavery
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: American Airlines Archer Daniels Midland Carlson Cisco Systems Costco Gap HP (Hewlett-Packard) Li & Fung Nestlé
Author: Business and Human Rights Resource Centre
These are examples of significant company contributions through 16 Mar; not a comprehensive list. [refers to: Abbot, Abbott and Abbott, Aflac, American Airlines, American Eagle, American Express, Amgen, AMR, Amway, Apple, AT&T, Bank of America,...
- Related companies: American Airlines American Express Amgen AMR (see American Airlines) Amway (part of Alticor) Apple AT&T Bank of America Bank of Montreal Best Western Boeing Brookstone Caterpillar Charles Schwab Chase (part of JPMorgan Chase) Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Cox Communications (part of Cox Enterprises) Cox Enterprises Credit Suisse DBS Bank Deutsche Bank Eli Lilly Facebook Fast Retailing Fifth Third Bank Fujitsu General Electric General Mills Goldman Sachs Google Honda JPMorgan Chase Kraft Foods Kyocera Levi Strauss MasterCard Mazda McDonald's Medtronic Merck Microsoft Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Morgan Stanley Motorola NEC Nissan OCBC Bank Panasonic PNC Financial Services Procter & Gamble Samsung Sega Sony Sprint Nextel Starbucks Sun Life Financial TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) Telus Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Twitter Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) UPS Verizon Visa Inc. Vonage Walmart Western Union
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Following the massive earthquake that struck Haiti on 12 January 2010, companies announced the following contributions to humanitarian relief: [refers to donations by over 300 companies]
- Related stories: Haiti: US companies including Coca Cola, Wal-Mart, Procter & Gamble, UPS, General Motors pledge humanitarian aid to earthquake victims
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices Ahold Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allstate Alticor Altria American Airlines American Express Amgen Amway (part of Alticor) Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T Avon Bank of America Bank of Montreal Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Baxter International Bayer BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bertelsmann Best Buy BNY Mellon Booz Allen Hamilton BP Bridgestone Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Cablevision Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Cargill Carnival Caterpillar Chiquita Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Citigroup Coca-Cola Comcast ConAgra Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) Cummins CVS Daimler Darden Restaurants Delhaize Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Digicel Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON Eaton eBay Ecolab Eli Lilly Emcor Group EnCana Entergy Exelon ExxonMobil FedEx Fifth Third Bank Fiji Water (part of Roll International) First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors Gerdau GlaxoSmithKline Go Daddy Goldman Sachs Goodrich Google Grand Circle Travel Green Mountain Coffee Hanesbrands Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Heinz Hess Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Intel International Paper Irving Oil ITT Industries Jean Coutu Group John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) KPMG Kraft Foods Kroger Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Loews Lowe's LVMH Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Mattel McDonald's McKesson Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola National Bank of Canada National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance Nestlé New York Life News Corporation Nissan Northrop Grumman NRG Energy NYSE Euronext Office Depot Oshkosh B'Gosh Panasonic Parsons Pentair PepsiCo Pfizer Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Publix RadioShack Random House Reynolds American Rite Aid Roll International Ross Stores Royal Bank of Canada Royal Caribbean Cruises Safeway (USA) Salesforce.com SanDisk Scotiabank Sempra Energy Shell Siemens Smith & Nephew Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Symantec Target Tenet Healthcare Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Tyson UBS Unilever Union Pacific United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Verizon Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whole Foods Market YUM!
Author: CNBC, Reuters & AP
Several major U.S. companies came to Haiti's aid on Wednesday, announcing plans to donate money and supplies following Tuesday's devastating…earthquake…Coca-Cola said it pledged a grant of $1 million to the American Red Cross, and it will also provide...
- Related stories: Haiti: US companies including Coca Cola, Wal-Mart, Procter & Gamble, UPS, General Motors pledge humanitarian aid to earthquake victims
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Air Products Alcoa Alticor Altria American Airlines American Express Amgen Amway (part of Alticor) AstraZeneca Avon Bank of America Bank of Montreal Baxter International BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bertelsmann BP Bristol-Myers Squibb Burger King Campbell Soup Canon Cargill Carnival Caterpillar Chiquita Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola Comcast ConAgra ConocoPhillips Credit Suisse Delhaize Dell Deutsche Bank Diageo Digicel Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON Eaton Eli Lilly EnCana FedEx Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy FPL Group General Electric General Mills General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Go Daddy Goldman Sachs Hanesbrands Heinz Hess Corporation Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Intel International Paper ITT Industries JetBlue Airways John Deere Johnson & Johnson Kaiser Permanente Kellogg Kimberly-Clark KPMG Kraft Foods Limited Brands Lowe's LVMH MasterCard Mattel McDonald's McKesson Merck Microsoft Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola National Bank of Canada National Grid New York Life News Corporation Northrop Grumman Office Depot Oshkosh B'Gosh Panasonic Pentair Pfizer Procter & Gamble Publix Random House Reynolds American Rite Aid Ross Stores Royal Bank of Canada Royal Caribbean Cruises SCA Scotiabank Sempra Energy Shell Southern Company Staples Starbucks Symantec Target Tenet Healthcare Tesco TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Toys R Us UBS Unilever United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Technologies UPS US Bancorp Verizon Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Western Union
Author: Elizabeth Umlas, commissioned by Realizing Rights, Global Reporting Initiative, UN Global Compact
This independent analysis, based on a review of 57 recent sustainability reports from companies representing a range of industry sectors, presents examples of encouraging trends in human rights reporting, as well as indications of key areas where...
- Related stories: 2 new reports on corporate human rights reporting (by UN Global Compact, Realizing Rights, GRI)
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Abertis Ahold Air France KLM American Airlines Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) BAE Systems Bancaja Banesto Barclays BASF Bavaria (part of SABMiller) BG Group BP British American Tobacco British Land Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Campbell Soup Cemex China Mobile Coca-Cola CVS Delhaize Dow Chemical Enbridge Ford GlaxoSmithKline H&M HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hydro-Québec Marathon Oil Migros Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nestlé Newmont Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) OMV Procter & Gamble Repsol YPF Roche Starbucks Strauss Talisman Tata Group Telefónica TNT (part of TPG) TPG United Technologies Walt Disney Waste Management Wipro