Headquarters in USA
American Airlines website: http://www.aa.com
[PDF] full report: "The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2005-2006"
Author: Human Rights Campaign
- Related stories: USA: 2005-6 "State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans" - 86% of Fortune 500 companies now prohibit sexual orientation discrimination
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies Air Products AK Steel Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Ashland AT&T AutoNation Avaya Avery Dennison Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Blockbuster Boeing Borders BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Cendant (now Avis Budget) Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group Cincinnati Financial Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fidelity Investments Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gannett Gap Gateway General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz Hess Corporation HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IBM IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper International Steel Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg's Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Inc. Kmart (part of Sears) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel May Department Stores Maytag MBNA (part of Bank of America) McDonald's MCI McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Mirant Mohawk Industries Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Public Service Enterprise Group Publix RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland Safeway (USA) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Time Warner TJX Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) UnumProvident US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wells Fargo Wendy's Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! YUM!
Author: Mark Belanger, Jon Franklin, Andrew Moschetti and Maya Sultan of F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business, Babson College [USA], and Walden Asset Management
The objective of this report is to add evidence to the case that Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) makes good business sense. The evidence provided is in the form of quotations from the leaders of today’s global business community. [statements on...
- Related companies: adidas Alcoa Allstate American Airlines Bank of America Baxter International BP Bristol-Myers Squibb Cisco Systems Coca-Cola Daikin Dell Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak EMC Entergy Exelon Ford Gap General Electric General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Hammerson HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM International Paper Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Merck Microsoft Nike Office Depot PepsiCo Pfizer Pinnacle West Capital PPL Procter & Gamble RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Sara Lee Sunoco Swiss Re Target Time Warner Unisys Whole Foods Market Xerox
Author: Human Rights Campaign
[Rates companies on policies and practices toward gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees, consumer & public policy issues....
- Related companies: Aetna Agilent Technologies Alltel Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Express Apple AT&T Avaya Bausch & Lomb Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Borders BP Capital One Cargill Cendant (now Avis Budget) Charles Schwab Chevron ChoicePoint Chubb Group Cisco Systems Citigroup CMP Media (part of United Business Media) Corning Credit Suisse Cummins DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deutsche Bank Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Eastman Kodak Edison International Emerson Electric Entergy Ernst & Young Estée Lauder ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) Ford Freescale Semiconductor Gap General Dynamics General Mills GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hyatt IBM Intel Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KeySpan Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Lincoln National Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) MBNA (part of Bank of America) Meijer Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Gypsum Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Times Nike Nissan Nordstrom Northern Trust Olivia Companies Owens Corning PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Prudential Financial RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Rite Aid Rockwell Collins SABMiller Safeway (USA) SBC Communications (now AT&T) SC Johnson Sears Shaw Industries (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Nextel Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Tech Data Toyota UBS Unisys United Business Media US Airways Viacom Volvo Car (part of Ford) Walgreen Washington Mutual Wells Fargo Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Worldspan Wyndham Xerox
Author: Diane E. Lewis, Boston Globe
Aetna has one. So do Agilent Technologies, American Airlines, Bank One, Capital One, Intel, and Levi Strauss. All are top U.S. firms that have instituted anti-bias policies barring workplace discrimination against gays and lesbians...the number of...
Workforce diverse, to a point - More minorities and women enter the workplace but not the executive suite [USA]
Author: Dianne Solís, Dallas Morning News
...even as companies roll out diversity initiatives that reach the executive suite, the business world is finding it difficult to reshape itself to look more like the U.S. marketplace. The number of minorities in the workplace is climbing, but the...
Author: Yolanda Garzón, Noticia Hispanoamericana, translated from Spanish by Marissa Billowitz, Independent Press Association
Around 50 former workers of LSG Sky Chefs Kitchen accused the company of illegal labor practices, including sexual harassment and abuse, as well as unhealthy working conditions...we tried to locate Elsie Franjul, head of human resources at Sky Chef,...
Author: Edward Iwata, USA Today
As donations pour in at a record pace, U.S. industries, charities and celebrities are using marketing creativity, high-tech know-how and business smarts to raise cash and goods for tsunami aid. [refers to Intelsat, HP (Hewlett-Packard), MTV, Amazon...
- Related companies: Allstate Amazon.com American Airlines Best Buy Coca-Cola Costco Cox Enterprises Delta Air Lines Dow Chemical General Electric Hill + Knowlton Strategies HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intelsat Kmart (part of Sears) Liberty Media MTV (part of Viacom) NBC (joint venture General Electric & Vivendi) Northwest Airlines OfficeMax Safeway (USA) Starbucks Toyota Vivendi Washington Mutual Yahoo!
Author: Human Rights Campaign
Human Rights Campaign (HRC) released its third annual Corporate Equality Index, a report card listing the "best and worst" firms for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender employees...The number of firms with perfect scores doubled since the 2003...
- Related companies: Accenture Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Aetna Agilent Technologies Alltel Altria American Airlines American Express Amgen Apple Aramark AT&T Avaya Bausch & Lomb BB&T Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Booz Allen Hamilton Borders Capital One Cargill Charles Schwab ChoicePoint Chubb Group Circuit City Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Cumberland Farms Dean Foods Dell Deutsche Bank Eastman Kodak Edison International Emerson Electric Entergy ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Fannie Mae Ford Goldman Sachs HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel International Steel JPMorgan Chase KeySpan Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kmart (part of Sears) Kraft Foods Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lockheed Martin Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) MBNA (part of Bank of America) Meijer Metlife Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Gypsum Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Times Nike Oracle Owens Corning PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E PricewaterhouseCoopers Prudential Financial Quark RadioShack Replacements Ltd. SABMiller SC Johnson Shaw Industries (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southwest Airlines UBS Unilever Walmart Wells Fargo Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Worldspan Xerox
The US Department of Transportation has reached a settlement with American Airlines over claims the world largest's carrier discriminated against passengers it thought were of Middle Eastern or South Asian descent.
- Related companies: American Airlines
21 Companies Score 100 percent on Second Annual HRC Corporate Equality Index: Number of Perfect Scores Nearly Doubles from Last Year; Corporate America Recognizing that Equality Works
Author: Human Rights Campaign
The Human Rights Campaign today released its second annual Corporate Equality Index, which measures how the largest U.S. companies treat their gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees and consumers...The 21 companies that scored 100 percent...