Headquarters in USA
American Apparel website: http://www.americanapparel.net
Cambodia: 23 brands, brand associations and CSOs send a joint letter calling for the PM to address specific labour rights issues
Author: Fair Labor Association & Others
"Joint Letter on Labor Rights to Cambodian Prime Minister", 23 January 2020...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Leading brands suggest labour reforms to the govt. after meeting on labour rights issues
- Related companies: adidas American Apparel Burton Esprit Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) KiK Levi Strauss Lululemon Athletica New Balance Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Schoeffel Under Armour VF Corp
Honduras: Allegations of labour rights abuses at Gildan’s factories ‘clash’ with subsidiary American Apparel's ethical claims, says NGO – Gildan disputes claims
Author: Noor Ibrahim, The Guardian (UK)
“The new American Apparel: claims of 'ethically made' abroad clash with reality”, 12 November 2017...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
UK: Petition calls on American Apparel & Caffé Nero to make premises more accessible for people with disabilities
Author: May Bulman, Independent (UK)
"American Apparel and Caffé Nero urged to 'stop segregating disabled people'", 20 Sep 2016...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores show improvement of measures taken by companies for LGBT workers
USA: 379 businesses & organizations submit statement to US Supreme Court in support of same-sex marriage
American Apparel Just Fired Its CEO After Years Of Defending Him From Sexual Harassment Charges [USA]
Author: Alan Pyke, ThinkProgress (USA)
American Apparel has fired CEO and founder Dov Charney, citing “an ongoing investigation into alleged misconduct” by Charney, who has been repeatedly accused of sexually harassing employees in the past...Charney had been accused of sexual harassment by...
- Related companies: American Apparel
[PDF] Workers & minorities bear the brunt of abuse - Business & human rights in Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing provides an update about businesses’ impacts on human rights in Eastern Europe &...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre releases its second Eastern Europe & Central Asia regional briefing
- Related companies: Aeroflot American Apparel Arcelor Mittal BG Group (part of Shell) Chevron Daewoo International (part of Posco) Eni ExxonMobil Gazprom GM Uzbekistan (joint venture General Motors & UzAvtosanoat) Indorama Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO) KazMunayGas Lukarco (joint venture Lukoil & Arco) Lukoil Microsoft Nike RUSAL Shell Shurtanneftegaz Tengizchevroil (joint venture Chevron, ExxonMobil, KazMunayGas, LukArco) Trustbank Ukrainian Danube Shipping Company Uralasbest
Author: Gina-Marie Cheeseman, TriplePundit
Burberry Group...announced its commitment...to removing all hazardous chemicals from its supply chain by Jan...2020. To achieve this goal, Burberry will set up “mechanisms for disclosure and transparency” for the hazardous chemicals used in its supply...
- Related companies: adidas American Apparel Associated British Foods Burberry Fast Retailing Gap Gucci (part of Kering) H&M Inditex Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) LVMH Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) Valentino Versace Walt Disney Zara (part of Inditex)