American International Group (AIG)
Headquarters in USA
AIG website: http://www.aig.com
Author: L'Obs et AFP (France)
Banques, assureurs et fonds de pension présents à Davos financent toujours à coups de milliards de dollars les énergies fossiles qui contribuent au réchauffement climatique, selon Greenpeace......
- Related stories: Davos 2020: La société civile demande aux Etats et entreprises de se désengager de l'industrie fossil à cause de l'urgence climatique
- Related companies: American International Group (AIG) Bank of America Barclays Chevron Citibank (part of Citigroup) Citigroup ExxonMobil JPMorgan Chase Lloyds Millea Mitsubishi Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley Prudential Financial RBC Global Asset Management Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Scotiabank Sompo Japan Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank)
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited AIG to respond to the latest report by Inclusive Development International and International Rivers entitled “Reckless Endangerment: Demanding Accountability for the Xe Pian-Xe Namnoy Dam Collapse” ...
- Related stories: Laos: Groups demand accountability from companies as well as insurers for collapse of Xe Pian-Xe Namnoy dam
- This is a non response from the following companies: AIG
Laos: Groups demand accountability from companies as well as insurers for collapse of Xe Pian-Xe Namnoy dam
On 23 July 2018, a dam in the Xe Pian-Xe Namnoy hydropower project collapsed and released massive amount of water that resulted to disastrous flooding in districts of southern Laos....
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Corporations increasingly vocal on social issues but still mostly lobbying for lower taxes - Oxfam America report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon)
Author: Lucy Burton, The Telegraph (UK)
"Zurich ends coal investments as insurers pull $20bn from sector", 15 Nov 2017...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Oxfam publishes new report on tax avoidance practices of US corporate giants & calls on govt. to ensure firms pay fair share of taxes
On 14 April 2016, Oxfam International published a briefing that discusses how the American tax regime facilitates corporate tax avoidance practices. The report estimates that the 50 biggest U.S. companies have hidden over 1 trillion dollars in overse...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores show improvement of measures taken by companies for LGBT workers