American Sugar Refining
No website found for American Sugar Refining
Response rate: 0%
(click here for an explanation)
Natl. Human Rights Commission of Thailand confirms human rights abuses in Koh Kong sugar plantation in Cambodia
Author: EarthRights International
"Human Rights Violations in Koh Kong Sugar Plantation Confirmed by Thai Human Rights Commission", 3 Jun 2015...
- Related stories: Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: American Sugar Refining Khon Kaen Sugar Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining)
Cambodia: Evictees in land dispute claim Thai company made them sign compensation agreements they can’t read – includes company comments
Author: Aun Pheap & Zsombor Peter, Cambodia Daily
“Evictees Sign Payout Deal They Can’t Read”, 27 October 2014...
Author: Michael Peel, Financial Times
A petition to be filed at The Hague on Tuesday against a group of politicians, security chiefs and business magnates in the southeast Asian country raises the stakes for land disputes by arguing that systematic illegal seizures can be a crime against...
- Related stories: Cambodian villagers’ Intl. Criminal Court complaint (re land grabbing) Cambodians file claim before Intl. Criminal Court alleging widespread & systematic land seizures by govt. & govt-linked businesses amount to crime against humanity Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: American Sugar Refining Coca-Cola Tate & Lyle Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining)
Author: Mu Sochua, Member of Parliament in Phnom Penh Post (Cambodia)
…Cambodia is facing a human-rights crisis in the form of land grabbing and often-violent forced evictions by sugarcane plantations whose crops are destined for the United Kingdom and elsewhere in the European Union. As a consequence of the EU’s...
Human rights impact assessment of the EU Everything But Arms initiative in Cambodia – includes EU response
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
...The report “Bittersweet Harvest: A Human Rights Impact Assessment of the European Union‘s Everything But Arms Initiative in Cambodia” [by NGOs Equitable Cambodia and Inclusive Development International] finds that, in the absence of effective human...
Author: Sudeep Chakravarti, Livemint.com (India)
Strategic lawsuits against public participation, or SLAPP, is one of several retaliatory mechanisms increasingly used against defenders of human rights…The Resource Centre discusses these and other matters and provides a global situation report in its...
- Related stories: Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) Danzer Group & SIFORCO lawsuits (re Dem. Rep. Congo) Ford lawsuit (re Argentina) Gold miner silicosis litigation (re So. Africa) Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia) Matanza Riachuelo lawsuit (re Argentina) Shell/BASF lawsuit (re Brazil) Strategic lawsuits against public participation increasingly used by companies to silence human rights defenders, says journalist Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re Dongria Kondh in Orissa) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas American Sugar Refining Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) BASF China Minmetals Daimler Danzer Dow Chemical Ford Lonmin Shell Tate & Lyle Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining) Union Carbide (part of Dow) Vedanta Resources Vinci
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The goal of the Annual Briefing is to help a wide audience understand what has been happening in different parts of the world. First, it examines global trends in corporate legal accountability such as barriers to accessing judicial remedies;...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches its second annual briefing on corporate legal accountability Strategic lawsuits against public participation increasingly used by companies to silence human rights defenders, says journalist
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Academi (formerly Blackwater) adidas African Barrick Gold (now Acacia) Alstom American Sugar Refining Amesys (part of Bull) Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) Apple Arab Bank Barrick Gold BASF Blackwater Boliden BP CACI Chevron Chiquita Compagnie Minière de l'Ogooué (COMILOG) (part of ERAMET) Daimler Danzer Dow Chemical Drummond ERAMET ExxonMobil Ford Global Horizons Google Hudbay Minerals IBM KBR Kenya Pipeline Company Ko Kong Sugar Lonmin Microsoft Nestlé Paltalk (part of AVM Software) Qosmos Rio Tinto Riwal Shell Signal International SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer) Tate & Lyle Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining) Trafigura Beheer Vedanta Resources Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Veolia Transport (part of Veolia Environnement) Vinci
Author: Keith Bradsher, New York Times
…[T]he corporate practice in Cambodia of obtaining tens of thousands of acres…as economic development concessions for large sugar plantations, while paying modest compensation to farmers pushed off the land, places a harsh light on international trade...