Headquarters in USA
New CEO activism: business leaders are defending rights by raising awareness & leveraging economic power
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji & Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business Review (USA)
"The New CEO Activists", January 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox Angie's List Apple CNBC (part of Comcast) Disney (see Walt Disney) Hobby Lobby IBM Lyft NBA Netflix New York Times Oracle Salesforce.com Twitter Under Armour
"Fox losing more advertisers after sexual harassment claims against O’Reilly", 4 Apr 2017...
Blog: Business & human rights courses will influence firms to fill governance gaps & not disregard societal impacts
Author: Caroline Kaeb and David Scheffer, Principles for Responsible Management Education, in Opinio Juris
"The Corporate Joust with Morality," 6 Jun 2016...
- Related companies: Alpha Natural Resources Angie's List Anthem Apple Bank of America Coca-Cola Cummins eBay Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook General Motors Massey Energy (part of Alpha Natural Resources) MasterCard McDonald's MGM Resorts Nissan PayPal (part of eBay) Roche Salesforce.com Sony Toyota Tyson Volkswagen Walmart
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji, Fuqua School of Business at Duke Univ., and Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business School, in New York Times (USA)
"The Power of C.E.O. Activism", 1 April 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: Angie's List Apple Facebook Goldman Sachs Intel Salesforce.com Starbucks Unilever
USA: Companies object to new Religious Freedom Restoration Act, alleging it discriminates against LGBT customers
Author: Jack Clark, Tim Jones & Tom Schoenberg, Bloomberg (USA)
“Angie’s List Joins Tim Cook In Scolding Indiana Over Law,” 27 Mar 2015...