Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
New report details the impacts of international arbitration filed by mining companies in countries across Latin America. The report analyses 38 cases filed by global mining corporations against Latin American governments using the investor-state...
Author: Anglo American
Anglo American plc confirms that, on 18 January 2019, an award was issued in its arbitration against Venezuela brought under the UK-Venezuela Bilateral Investment Treaty (“the Treaty”) (ICSID Case No. ARB(AF)/14/1). The case related to Anglo American’s...
- Related stories: Latin America: Report details impacts of international arbitrations filed by mining companies
- This is a response from the following companies: Anglo American
Author: Fritz Brugger, African Arguments
"Blockchain is great, but it can't solve everything. Take conflict minerals.", 23 April 2019....
“Revista CEPAL Nº 127” – abril de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Albemarle American Express Anglo American BHP Billiton China Aluminium Corporation (Chinalco) Codelco Collahuasi (joint venture of Anglo American, Glencore & Japan Collahuasi Resources, part of Mitsui & Co.) Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Grupo México MasterCard Mitsubishi Group Nyrstar Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM) Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Starwood Hotels Techint Teck Resources
So. Africa: Coal mines accused of causing diseases and cracks in houses; Anglo American & South32 comment
Author: Ciaran Ryan, GroundUp (So. Africa)
‘South Africa: Disease Haunts Mpumalanga Coal Town’ ...
Author: Human Rights Watch, groundWork, Centre for Environmental Rights & Earthjustice
"“We Know Our Lives Are in Danger”: Environment of Fear in South Africa’s Mining-Affected Communities", 16 Apr 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Eskom Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Mineral Resource Commodities (see Mineral Commodities) Transworld Energy and Mineral Resources Turquoise Hill Resources
Author: Colectivo de Abogados José A. Restrepo (Colombia)
“Corte Constitucional ordena debatir con las comunidades el desvío del arroyo Bruno” - 3 de abril de 2019...
Church of England Pensions Board & Swedish Council on Ethics request full disclosure on tailing storage facilities from 683 extractives companies
Church of England Pensions Board and the Swedish Council on Ethics for the AP Funds, supported by 96 investors with $10.3 trillion (USD) in assets under management, have sent a letter to 683 listed extractives companies requesting specific disclosure...