Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
So. Africa: Trust handling compensation on behalf of Anglo American & AngloGold Ashanti for more than 4000 ex-miners affected by silicosis says over $8 million disbursed to 963 claimants in 19 months
Author: Qhubeka Trust (South Africa)
"South Africa: Q(h)ubeka Trust has awarded R102 million in compensation to Silicosis sufferers in 19 months", 20 Dec 2017...
Author: Red de Justicia Ambiental Colombia
“4 documentales cortos para entender el desastre de la mega minería en Colombia”...
So. Africa: Lawyer representing 30 000 mineworkers in silicosis case says deal with mines most likely final by end of 2017
Author: Pete Lewis, GroundUp (South Africa)
"Silicosis: we’re close to a deal with the mines, says miners’ attorney", 11 Dec 2017...
- Related stories: Gold miner silicosis litigation (re So. Africa) So. Africa: Court allows silicosis & tuberculosis class action lawsuits against gold mining companies So. Africa: Gold mining companies to appeal silicosis & tuberculosis class action certification Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Gold Fields Harmony Gold
Author: Wendell Roelf, Reuters
"Gold mining firms set aside $360 million for South Africa silicosis law suit", 22 Nov 2017...
Swedish energy firm Vattenfall conducts “first” analysis of human rights risks of sourcing from Colombia
“New report on human rights risks in Colombia” – 07 November 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on natural resources Mitigation Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Colombia Natural Resources, CNR (part of Murray Energy) Drummond Glencore Prodeco (part of Glencore) Vattenfall
Author: Mark Kleinman, Sky News, Published on: 5 October 2017...