Headquarters in USA
Ann Taylor website: http://www.anntaylor.com
India: Seven workers killed in fire at denim factory supplying to major intl. brands; Includes company comments
At least seven workers have been killed in a factory fire at Nandan Denim - India's largest denim supplier - which began on 8 February 2020. Police investigators said the factory had violated multiple regulations and the owner, a manager and a fire...
Philippines: Dong Seung factory workers allege union interference; legal threats and withholding of benefits reported
Workers at Dong Seung garments factory in the Philippines allege that the company is interfering with their right to organise. A report notes that the company is opposing the formation of an independent union and has resorted to threats and other...
Author: Partido Manggagawa
"Korean garments factory interfering in workers' right unionize," 12 February 2018...
- Related stories: Philippines: Dong Seung factory workers allege union interference; legal threats and withholding of benefits reported
- Related companies: Ann Taylor Dong Seung Macy's
Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) ranks 100 brands on environmental supply chain performance in China
On October 22, 2015, the Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) released its ranking of 167 brands on their environmental supply chain performance in China. The image shows the top 10 companies in the 2015 ranking - for the full ranking see...
Author: Responsible Sourcing Network
Responsible Sourcing Network...surpassed 100 signatories to the RSN Cotton Pledge...The growing number of...brands and retailers publicly committing to avoid Uzbek cotton communicates to the Government of Uzbekistan that the apparel industry does not...
- Related companies: adidas American Apparel American Eagle Outfitters Ann Taylor ASDA (part of Walmart) Berkshire Hathaway Burberry Carrefour Carter's Columbia Sportswear Eddie Bauer Eileen Fisher Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap Gucci (part of Kering) H&M J.C. Penney J.Crew Juicy Couture (part of Authentic Brands Group) Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kohl's Levi Strauss Li & Fung Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Macy's Marimekko Nautica (part of VF Corp) New Balance Nordstrom Oshkosh B'Gosh Patagonia Peacocks (part of EWM Group) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Redcats (part of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Reebok (part of adidas) Russell (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Sam's Club (part of Walmart) Target TJX Walmart Walt Disney Williams Sonoma
Unprecedented Number of U.S. and European Apparel Companies and Major Industry Association Sign Pledge to Call for Elimination of Forced Child Labor in Uzbekistan
Author: Responsible Sourcing Network
More than 60 of the world’s best known apparel companies and brands as well as the American Apparel and Footwear Association (AAFA), which represents more than 800 brands, have signed a pledge to not knowingly source Uzbek cotton harvested using forced...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: adidas Ann Taylor ASDA (part of Walmart) Burberry Carrefour Carter's Columbia Sportswear Eddie Bauer Eileen Fisher Gucci (part of Kering) H&M J.Crew Jones Group Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Kohl's Levi Strauss Li & Fung Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Macy's New Balance Nordstrom Oshkosh Oshkosh B'Gosh Peacocks (part of EWM Group) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Redcats (part of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Reebok (part of adidas) Sam's Club (part of Walmart) Target TJX VF Corp Walmart Walt Disney
Author: As You Sow
The report provides detailed, analogous data on supplier standards compliance and initiatives in ten key areas: code of conduct, auditing, remediation, scorecard, preferred suppliers, continuous improvement, purchasing, collaboration, management...
- Related stories: As You Sow report rates US apparel companies' global supply chain compliance programmes - Levi Strauss, Wal-Mart rank top
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance
- Related companies: American Eagle Outfitters Ann Taylor Columbia Sportswear J.C. Penney Jones Group Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Target Under Armour VF Corp
Author: Boby Kurian & Arun Iyer, Economic Times [India]
...Influential global NGOs and trade unions are now attacking India’s apparel export industry...Global biggies like Tommy Hilfiger, Levi’s, Ann Taylor and Mexx have snapped sourcing ties with Bangalore-based Fibres & Fabrics International (FFI)...
Philadelphia, USA 19-20 April 2007... The Ethical Sourcing Forum North America 2007 delivers a dynamic exchange of ideas, new strategies and best practices to address the latest social and environmental challenges facing global supply chain...