Headquarters in Australia
"Gender equality global report and ranking," 4 October 2018...
- Related companies: 3i Aegon Agilent Technologies Air Canada Allstate American Express American Water ANZ Bank Assa Abloy AstraZeneca Aviva AXA Axel Springer Bank Hapoalim Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bankinter Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP Billiton bioMérieux BNP Paribas Boliden Burberry CA Technologies CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Caltex Campbell Soup Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citigroup CNP Assurances Comcast Commonwealth Bank Continental AG DBS Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Ebro Eli Lilly Enagás Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Ericsson Fabege Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Genmab Givaudan GlaxoSmithKline Handelsbanken Henkel Hershey Iberdrola IBM ICA Gruppen Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Investa Property Group Investec Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering KPN L'Oreal Land Securities Leumi Li & Fung Lloyds Group Macquarie Bank Marks & Spencer MasterCard Merck Mercury Michelin Microsoft Millicom Molson Coors National Australia Bank National Grid NCC Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro Oil Search Orange Origin Energy Pearson Peugeot (see PSA Peugeot-Citroën) PNC Financial Services Publicis Qantas Airways QBE Insurance Red Eléctrica de España Rentokil Initial ResMed Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Royal Mail Salesforce.com Sanofi Schibsted Schneider Electric SEB Sempra Energy Severn Trent Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Sodexo South32 (part of BHP Billiton) Standard Chartered State Street Stockland Stora Enso Suncorp Swedbank TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) Telenor Téléperformance Telia Telstra Transurban UBS Unilever Verizon Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Westpac Whitbread Woolworths Group WPP Zurich
[Includes responses by BNP Parbias, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Royal Bank of Canda, Morgan Stanley & Toronto-Dominion Bank]
BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
In this briefing paper, BankTrack examines whether private sector banks may have contributed to adverse human rights impacts through their provision of finance. The paper explores eight cases of human rights abuses and the relationship and...
In 2016 we conducted a comprehensive review of ANZ’s human rights standards... [and] n October 2016 we issued a revised set of human rights standards, which were upgraded in several key areas, including: (1) Confirming our ‘zero tolerance’ for...
- Related stories: BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
- This is a response from the following companies: ANZ Bank
Australia: Shareholder resolutions call for listed companies to act on social and environmental issues
Author: Ruth Williams, Sydney Morning Herald
"How the new generation of activists corners boards", 14 October 2017...
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac
Banks loan billions to oil firms allegedly exporting low-grade fuel high in pollutants, says briefing
A new BankTrack briefing raises questions about how banks are conducting human rights due diligence. In response to research by Swiss NGO Public Eye accusing Switzerland-based oil trading companies of selling blends of low-grade fuel high in...
Author: Joshua Robertson, The Guardian (UK)
Australia's big four banks have all ruled out funding or withdrawn from Adani's Queensland coal project, after...Westpac the country's second-largest bank, released a new climate policy on Friday, saying it would limit lending for new thermal coal...
The Global Intiative for Economic, Social & Cultural Rights submits parallel report to the ESCR Committee for the periodic review of Australia
Author: The Global Initiative for Economic, Social and Cultural rights
"Parallel Report submitted by the Global Initiative for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (GI-ESCR) to the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights on the occasion of the consideration of the Fifth Periodic Report of Australia during the...
- Related stories: Australia: Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights considers violations of ICESCR in the context of climate change
- Related companies: ANZ Bank Commonwealth Bank