Headquarters in Australia
In 2016 we conducted a comprehensive review of ANZ’s human rights standards... [and] n October 2016 we issued a revised set of human rights standards, which were upgraded in several key areas, including: (1) Confirming our ‘zero tolerance’ for...
- Related stories: BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
- This is a response from the following companies: ANZ Bank
Australia: Shareholder resolutions call for listed companies to act on social and environmental issues
Author: Ruth Williams, Sydney Morning Herald
"How the new generation of activists corners boards", 14 October 2017...
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac
Banks loan billions to oil firms allegedly exporting low-grade fuel high in pollutants, says briefing
A new BankTrack briefing raises questions about how banks are conducting human rights due diligence. In response to research by Swiss NGO Public Eye accusing Switzerland-based oil trading companies of selling blends of low-grade fuel high in...
Author: Joshua Robertson, The Guardian (UK)
Australia's big four banks have all ruled out funding or withdrawn from Adani's Queensland coal project, after...Westpac the country's second-largest bank, released a new climate policy on Friday, saying it would limit lending for new thermal coal...
The Global Intiative for Economic, Social & Cultural Rights submits parallel report to the ESCR Committee for the periodic review of Australia
Author: The Global Initiative for Economic, Social and Cultural rights
"Parallel Report submitted by the Global Initiative for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (GI-ESCR) to the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights on the occasion of the consideration of the Fifth Periodic Report of Australia during the...
- Related stories: Australia: Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights considers violations of ICESCR in the context of climate change
- Related companies: ANZ Bank Commonwealth Bank
BankTrack's 2nd benchmarking report finds most banks still failing to deliver on UN Guiding Principles
Author: Swati Pandey (Reuters)
"ANZ probes sacked traders' allegations of sex, drugs, booze", 14 Jan 2016...