Headquarters in Australia
Author: Joahua Wilwohl, Cambodia Daily
…“ANZ would prefer to completely own 100 percent of its operations in Cambodia,” said ANZ Royal CEO Grant Knuckey. In order to own its bank in Cambodia outright, ANZ could either buy out Royal Group…or offload its shares and open a new bank...Mr....
ANZ’s response to the statement of Equitable Cambodia and Inclusive Development International regarding its link to Phnom Penh Sugar [Cambodia]
ANZ has requested Phnom Penh Sugar to have a direct dialogue with the NGOs and community leaders and we will continue to review the way the company addresses its social and environmental obligations.
- Related stories: Cambodia: NGOs urge ANZ to "stay engaged until proper remedies are provided to the victims" instead of simply pulling out of sugar project linked to serious abuses
- This is a response from the following companies: ANZ Bank
Dropping Phnom Penh Sugar without compensating its victims will not relieve ANZ’s responsibility [Cambodia]
Author: Equitable Cambodia & Inclusive Development Initiatives
Equitable Cambodia and Inclusive Development International call upon ANZ to right the wrongs it has done by financing the Phnom Penh Sugar plantation and not just jump ship…Eang Vuthy, Executive Director of Equitable Cambodia, said: “We are very...
Author: Richard Baker & Nick McKenzie, Sydney Morning Herald (Australia)
...ANZ is financing a Cambodian sugar plantation that has involved child labour, military-backed land grabs, forced evictions and food shortages. ANZ's support of the Phnom Penh Sugar Company's plantation is disclosed in confidential audits that...
- Related stories: ANZ seeks 100% control of Cambodia operations months after allegations surfaced that ANZ Royal helped finance a sugar refinery linked to forced evictions Cambodia: ANZ reportedly financing Phnom Penh Sugar, a company beset by allegations of child labour & forced evictions
- Related companies: ANZ Bank
Author: Brisbane Times
Myer's social media woes over NDIS [National Disability Insurance Scheme] comments appear set to continue as more than 20,000 people sign a petition calling for the department store chain to set disability hiring quotas. The online petition...calls...
Author: UN Global Compact
Explores ten companies and how they deal with various human rights issues. Emphasizes the need for cohesive and sometimes over-arching corporate policies on human rights engagement. Fourth volume in the Embedding Human Rights in Business Practices...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children Latest news on conflict & peace UN Global Compact - human rights tools & guidance, local network activities
- Related companies: ANZ Bank Carlson Glencore Glencore Xstrata (now Glencore) Goldcorp ManpowerGroup Sakhalin Energy (joint venture Shell, Gazprom, Mitsui, & Mitsubishi) Talisman Telenor Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Corporate Accountability Research
What response has there been by the Australian government to the Ruggie Framework? There are signs that it is beginning to support the Protect, Respect, Remedy Framework, and the Guiding Principles on business and human rights...Alongside these...
Author: Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU)
The rights of Fijian workers have deteriorated further following the start of a draconian decree that effectively bans collective bargaining. ACTU President Ged Kearney said...“Australian unions are increasingly concerned at what appears to be a...
Author: UN Global Compact & Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
Why respect human rights?...Why develop a human rights policy?...Getting started - the process behind the policy...What are the key ingredients of a human rights policy?...Next steps - Path to implementation...[refers to BlackRock, AXA, Investment...
- Related stories: A guide for business: How to develop a human rights policy
- Related companies: ABB adidas Alcoa AngloGold Ashanti ANZ Bank AstraZeneca AXA Balfour Beatty Barclays BASF Bayer BG Group BHP Billiton BlackRock Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Carrefour Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coca-Cola Codelco Diageo DuPont Eni Fujitsu General Electric GlaxoSmithKline H&M HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC IKEA Kraft Foods Marks & Spencer Marriott Mitsubishi Group Monsoon National Grid Pentland Group Phillips-Van Heusen Shell Tata Group Telefónica Tesco Total Vale Westpac Yahoo!