Headquarters in Australia
[PDF] False Profits: how Australia's finance sector undervalues the environment and what we can do about it
Author: Australian Conservation Foundation
This Report is about the financial decision-making processes that lead to false profits, and how we can reform them. By drawing lessons from ten successful innovations in the finance sector, and supplementing them with a set of public policy reforms...
- Related stories: Environmental record of Australian financial institutions: Report reveals large differences in performance
- Related companies: ABN Amro ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank HBOS (part of Lloyds) HSBC JPMorgan Chase Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) National Australia Bank Rabobank Royal Bank of Scotland Société Générale Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS West LB Westpac
[PDF] full report: "Financing Pulp Mills - An Appraisal of Risk Assessment and Safeguard Procedures"
Author: Machteld Spek, Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
- Related stories: Report raises concern about increasing investment in environmentally-harmful pulp mills in Indonesia, Uruguay, Brazil, China, Baltic States
- Related companies: ABN Amro ANZ Bank Asia Pacific Resources Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Botnia Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Rabobank Sinar Mas Group
Nine international and seven Thai banks have signed a pact to lend a combined $1 billion to build the controversial Nam Theun 2 hydroelectric dam in Laos, the project's operator [Nam Theun 2 Power Co. (NTPC)] said on Wednesday...Nine international...
Author: John Bray, political risk specialist, Control Risks Group
In the worst cases, companies can inadvertently fuel the structural causes of the conflict, undermining prospects for recovery. However, by presenting a vision of a different kind of future, where personal success comes from entrepreneurial initiative...
- Related in-depth areas: Academic Construction & engineering Finance Post-conflict reconstruction and reconciliation
- Related companies: Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alstom ANZ Bank Arab Bank AT&T Banco Comercial Portugues Bank Austria Creditanstalt Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Bechtel BP Cable and Wireless Celtel China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Compaq (part of HP) Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Ericsson ExxonMobil France Telecom (now Orange) Halliburton HP (Hewlett-Packard) HVB Hyatt ING JPMorgan Chase KBR Louis Berger Millicom Mitsui MTN National Grid ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Orascom Petronas Portugal Telecom Royal Bank of Canada RZB Group Sanpaolo IMI (part of Intesa Sanpaolo) Scottish and Southern Energy Shell Siemens Stanbic Bank Standard Bank Standard Chartered Talisman Telenor Telstra Unocal (part of Chevron) Vodacom
[PDF] Disclosure of Ethical Considerations in Investment Product Disclosure Statements - A review of current practice in Australia
Author: Charles Berger, Australian Conservation Foundation
[M]any mainstream investment managers still do not appreciate the relationship between ethical corporate behaviour and long-term financial performance...Australia’s investment community is still not doing enough to look out for the long-term interests...
- Related companies: AMP Group ANZ Bank Australian Ethical Investment AXA Barclays BT Financial (part of Westpac) Challenger Financial Services Colonial First State Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Glebe Hunter Hall Investment Management ING Invesco IOOF James Hardie Macquarie Bank Maple-Brown Abbott Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) MLC (part of National Australia Bank) National Australia Bank Newcrest OnePath (part of ANZ Bank) Perpetual Platinum Asset Management Rio Tinto Schroders State Street Suncorp Transurban UBS Vanguard Westpac
Author: special online briefing, Hazards Magazine
Major occupational diseases of the 21st century will be heart attacks, suicide and strokes. Hazards looks at why so many of us are being worked into the ground...Japan and China each have a word for death by overwork - karoshi and guolaosi. And both...
Author: LaborNET, Labor Council of New South Wales [Australia]
The Finance Sector Union today called on the ANZ to review its relationship with its workers after the Federal Court fined it $10,000 for breaches of the Workplace Relations Act. Justice Wilcox imposed the fine after fined the ANZ had breached the law...
- Related companies: ANZ Bank
Author: Finance Sector Union [Australia]
The Federal Court of Australia today ruled that the ANZ Bank had breached the law by disciplining a worker who spoke to the media in her capacity as an elected trade union official.