Headquarters in USA
In December 2018, workers of factories W&D (Cambodia) and Seduno Investment Cambo Fashion began a mass strike in and around Phnom Penh citing fears that their employers were planning on circumventing a new government directive to pay - and backpay ...
USA: Appeals court allows lawsuit against 3 manufacturers over alleged groundwater contamination to proceed
Author: Thomas Gnau, My Dayton Daily News (USA)
"McCook Field residents’ lawsuit over contamination of their Dayton neighborhood moves forward", 25 Jul 2018...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores show improvement of measures taken by companies for LGBT workers
"What makes the Fair Food Program unique?": Video interview with Gerardo Reyes from Coalition of Immokalee Workers
The Fair Food Programme grew out of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers to tackle abusive working conditions in the Florida tomato industry, where forced labour and sexual harrasment were commonplace. The program is based around agreements with...
Author: US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Companies are mobilizing their expertise, capabilities, and resources to assist with the recovery efforts following the earthquake in Nepal. Businesses have pledged $26.8 million in cash and additional in kind contributions in support of relief and...
- Related stories: Nepal: Companies respond to earthquake, aid rescue mission & rehabilitation efforts
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories American Express Amgen Apple Aramark AT&T AXA Bank of Montreal BASF Bharti Airtel BJ Services Bristol-Myers Squibb Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Clorox Coca-Cola Columbia Sportswear Deutsche Telekom DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo DSM eBay Facebook Fast Retailing FedEx Ford Gap General Motors Google H&M Henry Schein Honda Hudson's Bay IKEA Inditex ITC JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kingfisher Kohl's Marsh & McLennan Metlife Microsoft Mitsubishi Group National Bank of Canada New York Life Panasonic PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Qualcomm Royal Bank of Canada SAP Sealed Air Sears Shaw Communications Square Group Starbucks Sun Life Financial T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Tata Group Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Uber UPS Verizon Visa Group Vodafone Walmart Walt Disney Yahoo!
USA: 379 businesses & organizations submit statement to US Supreme Court in support of same-sex marriage
USA: Fair Food Program report highlights progress in improving working conditions at tomato farms in Florida
Author: Fair Food Standards Council
"Fair Food Program: 2014 Annual Report", Nov 2014...
USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights
The Coalition of Immokalee Workers and its allies have long urged companies that source from Florida tomato farms to sign the Fair Food agreement, which gives workers greater protections against forced labour and other abuses, and guarantees them a...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing highlights reports from a range of sources about how businesses have impacted human rights, positively and negatively, in Latin America & the Caribbean over the past two years. The briefing refers to most countries in Latin America....
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches its first Latin America & the Caribbean regional briefing Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) Drummond lawsuit (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuit (re Colombia & Ecuador) Ford lawsuit (re Argentina) HudBay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Monterrico Metals lawsuit (re Peru) Nestlé lawsuit (re Colombia) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on Children Latest news on conflict & peace Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on UNGPs Latest news on UNWG UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Abbott Laboratories Aeroméxico Alcoa Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) APM Terminals (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arcor Banco Castilla-La Mancha (CCM) Banco do Brasil Banco Espírito Santo Banco Itau Barrick Gold Bavaria (part of SABMiller) Bayer Benetton BHP Billiton BP Bridas Buenaventura Bunge CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Cargill Carlos Casado (part of Grupo Sanjose) Cementos Argos Cemex Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chevron Chiquita Coca-Cola FEMSA Codelco Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE) Consórcio Norte Energia Corriente Resources Cosan Group Daimler Doe Run (part of Renco) Dole Drummond DuPont DynCorp EBX Eco Oro Minerals (formerly Greystar Resources) Ecopetrol Ecuacorriente (part of Corriente Resources) Emgesa (part of Endesa) Endesa (part of Enel) Enel EPM (Empresas Públicas de Medellín) Excellon Resources FCC First Majestic Silver Ford Fortuna Silver Mines Forza (part of Securitas) Fresh Del Monte Produce Frito-Lay (part of PepsiCo) Gas Natural General Motors Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher GlaxoSmithKline Glencore Glencore Xstrata (now Glencore) Goldcorp Gran Colombia Gold Grupo Eulen Grupo México Grupo Pellas Grupo Sanjose Grupo Vicini Heineken Hidro Santa Cruz (part of Hidralia Energia) Holcim HSBC HudBay Minerals Inditex Infinito Gold InverCaixa (part of La Caixa) Isagen Kappes, Cassiday & Associates Kinross Gold La Caixa La Nación Lafarge MAG Silver Maple Energy Mareña Renovables (joint venture Macquarie, Mitsubishi Corp. & PGGM) McDonald's Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Minera Cuzcatlan (part of Fortuna Silver) Minera Real Bonanza (part of First Majestic Silver) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Mitsubishi Group Monsanto Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) MPX (part of EBX) Muriel Mining Nestlé New Balance Newmont Nicaragua Sugar Estates Limited (NSEL) Nidera Nike Occidental Petroleum Pacific Rim Mining Pacific Rubiales Energy PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela) PepsiCo Petrobras Petroperú Pfizer PGGM Philip Morris International Phillips-Van Heusen Piedra del Águila Pluspetrol Prodeco (part of Glencore) Radius Gold Refinor Renco Repsol Rio Blanco Copper (part of Monterrico Metals) Rio Tinto SABMiller Santander Seaboard Securitas Shell Sodexo Southern Cross Syngenta Tahoe Resources Teck Resources Telefónica Telmex Total Transocean Vale Vestas Wind Systems VF Corp Walmart Xstrata (now part of Glencore) YPF Zara (part of Inditex) Zijin