Headquarters in Luxembourg
Author: Responsible Mining Index
"RMI Report 2020", mayo 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Recursos Naturales
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta ArcelorMittal Banpu Barrick Gold BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) Bumi Resources China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) Coal India (CIL) Codelco Evraz Exxaro First Quantum Minerals Fortescue Metals Group Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Grupo México Grupo Peñoles Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) Newcrest Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Orano (formerly Areva) Peabody Energy Polymetal International Rio Tinto RUSAL Sibanye-Stillwater Teck Resources Vale Vedanta Resources Zijin
Author: Maurício Angelo, Observatório da Mineração (Brazil)
“Perguntamos às maiores mineradoras do Brasil o que estão fazendo para evitar a pandemia. Metade ficou em silêncio”, 10 de abril de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Surto de COVID-19 (Coronavírus): Resposta do governo e das empresas
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti ArcelorMittal CBA (Companhia Brasileira de Aluminio) Gerdau Jaguar Mining Kinross Gold Mosaic Fertilizer (part of The Mosaic Company) Norsk Hydro (Hydro) Vale
Author: Nonkululeko Njilo, Times Live (South Africa)
‘SA's 'major polluters' told to release crucial greenhouse gas emissions data’ 9 April 2020...
Author: Joseph Titus Yekeryan, The New Dawn (Liberia)
‘ArcelorMittal Liberia donates Covid19 preventive materials’...
- Related stories: Extractive companies' response to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: ArcelorMittal
ArcelorMittal has been supporting the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative since 2009, after being an active participant of the EITI in Liberia and a corporate member since May 2007. In addition, we are a pro-active member of the Initiative...
- Related stories: USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
- This is a response from the following companies: ArcelorMittal
Further information, including the full benchmark report, is available here (in French).
USA: Publish What You Pay calls on extractive companies to comment on latest SEC payment disclosure rules; including company responses
On 15 January 2020, the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) released the latest proposed rule to implement Section 1504 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Section 1504 requires companies operating in the...
New company survey & report urges European companies & states to step up efforts to identify & address risks to defenders
Human rights and environmental defenders play a key role in holding companies and states accountable for business-related human rights violations and environmental degradation. However, defenders are increasingly defamed, harassed and killed for...