Мы рады представить в новом оформлении наш Ежеквартальный бюллетень о корпоративной правовой подотчетности, направленный на ежеквартальное освещение важных вопросов и событий. Портал о Корпоративной правовой подотчетности на нашем вебсайте...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Ежеквартальный бюллетень о корпоративной правовой подотчетности Последние правовые новости
- Related companies: Argor-Heraeus Auchan Blattner Group BP CACI Curacao Drydock Daimler Danzer Ecoener-Hidralia Hidro Santa Cruz (part of Hidralia Energía) L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Lidl Nestlé Nokia Oil Palm Uganda Qosmos SIFORCO (part of Blattner Group) SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer) Titan (now L-3 Titan) Villaggio Mall Vinci Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Swiss General Attorney not to prosecute Argor-Heraeus over refining of alleged pillaged gold by illegal armed group in Rep. Dem. of Congo
Author: Daria Caliguire, SAGE Fund - Strengthening Accountability in the Global Economy
"Advancing Human Rights Accountability for Economic Actors: An introductory field guide for funders", Jan 2015...
- Related stories: Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Argor-Heraeus investigation (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Hudbay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Lahmeyer lawsuit (re dam construction in northern Sudan) Nestlé lawsuit (re Colombia) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) Argor-Heraeus Chevron China Minmetals Coca-Cola Dinant Hudbay Minerals Lahmeyer Nestlé Pacific Rim Mining Posco Texaco (part of Chevron) Vale
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches its third annual briefing on corporate legal accountability
The Turn to Corporate Criminal Liability for International Crimes: Transcending the Alien Tort Statute
Author: James Stewart, University of British Columbia in New York University Journal of Intl. Law & Politics (USA)
In November 2013, Swiss authorities announced a criminal investigation into one of the world's largest gold refineries on the basis that the company committed a war crime. The Swiss investigation comes a matter of months after the US Supreme Court...
Author: Hasan Dindjer, Rights Watch (UK)
Pillage is a war crime...[and] is both a serious breach of the laws of war...and, as resource-fuelled wars across the world attest, one that sustains some particularly brutal conflicts...[H]ow can corporations that buy pillaged resources themselves be...
- Related stories: Argor-Heraeus investigation (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) NGO analyses how companies buying pillaged resources can be held legally accountable
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Argor-Heraeus
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to the 11th issue of the Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin. To assist all those following corporate legal accountability issues, we send this bulletin to highlight key developments, new cases profiled on our site, updates to...
- Related stories: Aerial spraying ban lawsuit (re banana companies in Philippines) Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) AngloGold Ashanti silicosis lawsuit (So. Africa) Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Argor-Heraeus investigation (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin – Issue 11, December 2013 HudBay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Kaweri Coffee (part of Neumann Gruppe) lawsuit (re forced eviction in Uganda) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia) Nestlé lawsuit (re Colombia) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) US Deepwater Horizon explosion & oil spill lawsuits Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest Legal News
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Alstom Amesys (part of Bull) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Argor-Heraeus BP Bull CACI Chevron Ford Gold Fields Harmony Gold HudBay Minerals IBM Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) KBR L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Neumann Gruppe Talisman Tate & Lyle Texaco (part of Chevron) Titan (now L-3 Titan) Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Veolia Transport (part of Veolia Environnement)