Argos (part of Home Retail Group)
Headquarters in United Kingdom
(for the unrelated Colombia-based company Cementos Argos, click here)
Author: Professional Jeweller
Filming secretly in Britain's biggest high street jewellery chains including Argos, Goldsmiths, H. Samuel, Ernest Jones and Leslie Davis, [Channel 4's current affairs programme] Dispatches [shows] footage of shop assistants giving incorrect...
- Related stories: Dispatches television programme claims that consumers inadvertently support child labour and environmental damage due to inaccurate information given by UK jewellery chains regarding ethically sourced gold
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Argos (part of Home Retail Group) Ernest Jones (part of Signet) H.Samuel (part of Signet) Home Retail Group Leslie Davis (part of Signet) Signet
Response by Argos (part of Home Retail Group): CAFOD calls on Argos to sign 12 "Golden Rules" to reduce harmful social & environmental impacts of gold mining.
- Related stories: Guatemala: Concerns about social & environmental impacts of Goldcorp's Marlin mine, including threats against author of report on toxic run-off
- This is a response from the following companies: Argos (part of Home Retail Group)
As the biggest jewellery retailer in the UK it is vital that we play a part inensuring that all gold we source is mined without damage to the environment and to the communities living near the mines and we have made it clear to CAFOD that we broadly...
- Related stories: CAFOD calls on Argos, Goldsmiths to sign 12 "Golden Rules" to reduce harmful social & environmental impacts of gold mining
- This is a response from the following companies: Argos (part of Home Retail Group) Home Retail Group
CAFOD is urging its supporters to take action now against Argos (part of Home Retail Group) and Goldsmiths as they are falling behind other jewellers in their response to the Unearth Justice campaign. The campaign, to reduce the harm caused by gold...
Author: Burma Campaign UK
Companies refusing to disclose if they source clothes from Burma are today named and shamed by the Burma Campaign UK. 41 clothing retailers have ignored repeated requests to disclose whether they source clothes from Burma...The companies named and...
- Related companies: Argos (part of Home Retail Group) Bay Trading Benetton Calvin Klein (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Harrods Hobbs Intersport Jane Norman (part of Edinburgh Woollen Mill) Jo Bloggs Liberty PLC Lillywhites (part of Sports Direct) Liz Claiborne Mambo MEXX (part of Liz Claiborne) MK One (part of Baugur) Naf Naf Paul Smith Phillips-Van Heusen Sports Direct Urban Outfitters