Asia Pacific: Richard Branson launches B-Team Australasia; an entrepreneurial collective advocating for responsible business
Author: Sarah Kimmorley, Business Insider Australia, Published on: 14 October 2018
"Richard Branson's The B-Team launches in Australia", 10 October 2018
Sir Richard Branson’s project The B-Team, a non-profit collective of wealthy entrepreneurs advocating for a socially responsible capitalism, has launched in the Asia Pacific.
The group will call on purpose-driven leaders across the region to champion a new way of doing business — one which benefits people, the planet and profit — and address critical issues specific to Australasia.
...The B Team Australasia will work to “developing forward looking principles to advance human dignity in a changing world of work, in addition to driving net-zero emissions by 2050”.
...The B Team Australasia team includes:
- Richard Branson, Co-Founder, The B Team, Founder, Virgin Group
- Sharan Burrow, Vice-Chair, The B Team, General Secretary, International Trade Union
- David Gonski, Co-Chair, The B Team Australasia, responsible for 100% Human/Future of Work Initiative; Chairman, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd (ANZ Bank); Chancellor, University of New South Wales
- Lynette Mayne, Co-Chair, The B Team Australasia, Director, Chief Executive Women + its Leaders Program; Asian Development Bank’s Female Leadership Program in the Pacific
- Peter Allen, CEO and Executive Director, Scentre Group
- Michael Cameron, CEO and Managing Director, Suncorp Group
- Andrew Liveris, Former Chairman and CEO, Dow Chemicals and B Team Leader
- Geoff Lloyd, CEO of MLC
- Susan Lloyd Hurwitz, CEO and Managing Director, Mirvac
- Sam Mostyn, Commissioner, Business and Sustainable Development Commission
- Radek Sali, Chairman and Founder, Light Warrior Group
- Ann Sherry, Executive Chairman, Carnival Australia
- Catherine Tanna, Managing Director, Energy Australia