Response rate: 0%
(click here for an explanation)
Author: London Mining Network
This report examines a number of BHP Billiton’s operations around the world. The collection of case studies highlights the disparity between BHP Billiton’s ‘Sustainable Development Policy’ and the reality of its operations. A number of recurring...
- Related stories: London Mining Network publishes "alternative report" to BHP Billiton's annual report - concerns over impacts on environment, indigenous peoples, human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Environment - An introduction Indigenous peoples - an introduction
- Related companies: Anglo American Asiaticus Management BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)
[DOC] Submission to the Joint Committee on Human Rights - The impact of UK-based mining companies on the Philippines, particularly focusing on the right to food
Author: Working Group on Mining in the Philippines (WGMP)
This submission focuses on the way existing and proposed mining by global companies in the Philippines poses a threat to human rights, particularly the human right to food of local communities. Its findings build on the WGMP’s recent publication...
- Related stories: Submission to the Joint Committee on Human Rights - The impact of UK-based mining companies on the Philippines, particularly focusing on the right to food
- Related in-depth areas: UK Joint Committee on Human Rights - Inquiry on business & human rights
- Related companies: Asiaticus Management BHP Billiton Crew Gold (part of Severstal) Glencore (now Glencore Xstrata) Indophil Resources Intex Resources Pelican Resources Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Rio Tinto Sagittarius Mines Inc (SMI) Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)