Associate, Advisory Services at BSR
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR's more than 20 years of leadership in sustainability.
Associates are responsible for conducting research and analysis, writing, logistics planning and other support on BSR products and services for the benefit of BSR members, funders or other clients. This will include participating in business advisory consulting and training work as required. Moreover, Associates may take responsibility for business development and client relationship management in well-defined geographical areas, industries and/or activity expertise. The position is full-time and based in Hong Kong.
- Support project Managers and Directors in implementing advisory services projects with BSR member and other companies, particularly through research, writing and technical assistance on a range of Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) issue areas.
- Conduct primary and secondary research and analysis on Sustainability/CSR leadership practices, and emerging issues and trends in a range of industry sectors utilizing a wide range of sources, including web searches, interviews and other methodologies.
- Support advisory services Managers and Industry Directors in the development of work plans, schedules and budgets for the delivery of advisory service projects.
- Contribute to the content and design of working group meetings, training and workshops, and ensure the accuracy of all materials, including all analytical components.
- Build and maintain relationships with senior level staff at BSR member companies and potential member companies, NGOs, government agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Provide assistance on special projects and assignments as requested to help BSR accomplish its mission and goals.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the Advisory Services Managing Directors.
NOTE: Only candidates with these specific requirements will be considered:
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience, ideally across a variety of regions and industries, including knowledge of a CSR content area such as human rights, climate change etc.
- Exceptional research and writing skills, and ability to do perform full analysis and presentation of findings on CSR research to both global and regional audiences
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to meet stringent deadlines, communicate progress on projects or event planning, and work with managers to coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, for working with both internal and external clients.
- High degree of fluency in English. Chinese and/or other Asian languages a strong plus.
- Knowledge of, or experience in project reporting, grant proposal writing, CSR, sustainability, humanitarian, development and / or environmental issues a strong plus.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- Willingness to undertake business travel (10% - 33% time)
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of Leadership, Respect and Integrity.
BSR is committed to developing an inclusive work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and skill and is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission. BSR is an EEOC employer.
Job title: Associate, Advisory Services
Location: Hong Kong
Closing date: Rolling application