Associate, Advisory Services at BSR
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai,and Tokyo.
Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s more than 20 years of leadership in sustainability.
The Associate, Advisory Services will be based in Shanghai and support BSR’s work with member companies throughout the project process from initial design and development through project implementation, working closely with project teams in Guangzhou and other BSR offices. This position will report to Manager, Advisory Services.
• Contribution to project deliverables including research (primary and secondary), analysis, and production of written or graphic content
• Support for development of proposals for clients and member companies, including consulting and grant-funded projects
• Contribution to the content and design of meetings, trainings and workshops
• Build and maintain relationships with member companies, stakeholders and partners
• Active participation on project teams in support of effective project implementation and impact
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant topic area, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant professional work experience; work with multinational companies or in a consulting environment preferred.
• Knowledge or background of environment or energy preferred.
• Knowledge or interest of WeChat or APP etc. IT tech preferred.
• At least 2-3 years of project management experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including fluency in English
• Ability to conduct independent research and analysis on a wide range of topics
• Knowledge of topics related to CSR or sustainability preferred
• Knowledge of, or experience in, one or more industries preferred, e.g. consumer products, financial services, food and agriculture, information and communications technology
• Excellent interpersonal skills, for working with both internal and external clients.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills, including the ability to strategically plan and deliver on tasks, prioritize work, meet deadlines, manage time and communicate progress
• Energetic, self-motivated, with a positive nature and proactive approach
• Flexibility to work both independently and within a team setting
• Demonstrated proficiency in basic office software (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as online tools
• Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
• Willingness to undertake occasional business travel
• High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of Leadership, Respect and Integrity.
BSR is committed to developing an inclusive work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and skill and is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission. BSR is an EEOC employer.