Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Response rate: 100%
(click here for an explanation)
"Gender equality global report and ranking," 4 October 2018...
- Related companies: 3i Aegon Agilent Technologies Air Canada Allstate American Express American Water ANZ Bank Assa Abloy AstraZeneca Aviva AXA Axel Springer Bank Hapoalim Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bankinter Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP Billiton bioMérieux BNP Paribas Boliden Burberry CA Technologies CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Caltex Campbell Soup Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citigroup CNP Assurances Comcast Commonwealth Bank Continental AG DBS Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Ebro Eli Lilly Enagás Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Ericsson Fabege Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Genmab Givaudan GlaxoSmithKline Handelsbanken Henkel Hershey Iberdrola IBM ICA Gruppen Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Investa Property Group Investec Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering KPN L'Oreal Land Securities Leumi Li & Fung Lloyds Group Macquarie Bank Marks & Spencer MasterCard Merck Mercury Michelin Microsoft Millicom Molson Coors National Australia Bank National Grid NCC Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro Oil Search Orange Origin Energy Pearson Peugeot (see PSA Peugeot-Citroën) PNC Financial Services Publicis Qantas Airways QBE Insurance Red Eléctrica de España Rentokil Initial ResMed Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Royal Mail Salesforce.com Sanofi Schibsted Schneider Electric SEB Sempra Energy Severn Trent Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Sodexo South32 (part of BHP Billiton) Standard Chartered State Street Stockland Stora Enso Suncorp Swedbank TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) Telenor Téléperformance Telia Telstra Transurban UBS Unilever Verizon Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Westpac Whitbread Woolworths Group WPP Zurich
AstraZeneca & Standard Chartered show best practices by leveraging their core competencies to invest in children, NGO says
Author: Global Child Forum
"Corporate Programs For Children's Rights – Guidance And Best Practice", March 2018...
UK: Church investment fund says it will refuse to reelect directors at firms over gender & climate change concerns
Author: Angela Monaghan, The Guardian (UK)
The Church Investors Group has warned some of Britain’s biggest companies it intends to take a hard line on executive pay, gender diversity and climate change over the forthcoming annual meeting season. The group, which represents church organisations...
Author: Sarah Neville, Financial Times (UK)
The UK drugs industry is going to court in an attempt to stop the country’s taxpayer-funded National Health Service from imposing new limits on the price it will pay for medicines. The action follows a government crackdown in April that limits funding...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Access to Medicine Foundation
"Access to Medicine Index 2016," Nov 2016...
- Related stories: UN Forum 2016: Materials launched
- Related companies: AbbVie AstraZeneca Bayer Boehringer Ingelheim Bristol-Myers Squibb Daiichi Sankyo Eisai Eli Lilly Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Johnson & Johnson Merck Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Roche Sanofi Takeda Pharmaceutical
Report finds businesses could cut 10 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide if govts. encouraged them to sign up to 5 initiatives
"Business will be key driver of global climate action, new research report reveals" 28 Jun 2016...
Author: Alpha Nuhu, Daily News (Tanzania)
"Pro-poor health initiative expands across Africa"...
- Related companies: AstraZeneca
Author: Tim Smedley, Guardian (UK)
"Big pharma attempts to cast off bad reputation by targeting the poor", 25 June 2015...
Author: Access to Medicines Index
- Related stories: 2014 Access to Medicines Index released - GSK, Novo Nordisk at top
- Related companies: AbbVie AstraZeneca Bayer Boehringer Ingelheim Bristol-Myers Squibb Daiichi Sankyo Eisai Eli Lilly Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Johnson & Johnson Merck Novartis Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Roche Sanofi-Aventis Takeda Pharmaceutical