Atrium Underwriting (part of Ariel Holdings)
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Burma Campaign UK
..QBE Insurance has announced it has cancelled insurance it provided to Burma and is to cease providing insurance to companies operating in the country…In a statement to the Burma Campaign UK, Frank O’Halloran, QBE’s Chief Executive said: “QBE has...
Author: Christopher Avery, Director, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[This brief overview of some international developments in the field of business & human rights was presented to the UK Parliament Joint Committee on Human Rights at their mini-conference on business and human rights, the purpose of which was “to...
- Related stories: Presentation by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre to UK Parliament's Joint Committee on Human Rights
- Related companies: Accenture Anglo American Atrium Underwriting (part of Ariel Holdings) Barclays Body Shop (part of Natura) BP British American Tobacco C&A Cape PLC Diageo Erinys International GCM Resources Guinness (part of Diageo) HSBC John Lewis Partnership L'Oreal Lloyd's of London Lloyds Lonmin Marks & Spencer Metals Exploration National Grid NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered Tate & Lyle Tesco Unilever Vedanta Resources Vodafone Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Burma Campaign UK published a report, "Insuring Repression - Exposing how the insurance industry supports Burma’s dictators". [Page provides links to press release & full report]...Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited the 14...
- Related stories: Burma Campaign report on insurance firms - company responses & non-responses UK Foreign Office writes to Lloyd's of London to outline its disapproval of company's involvement with Burma
- Related companies: ACE Group Al Wasl Arab Insurance Group (ARIG) Atrium Underwriting (part of Ariel Holdings) Catlin Chubb Group Lloyd's of London Millea Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) OCBC Bank QBE Insurance Sompo Japan Sumitomo Group Target Insurance Brokers Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea)
Atrium Underwriting (part of Ariel Holdings) did not respond to: Burma Campaign UK says firms providing insurance to companies operating in Burma "support dictators".
- Related stories: Burma Campaign report on insurance firms - company responses & non-responses
- This is a non response from the following companies: Atrium Underwriting (part of Ariel Holdings)