In an attempt to gauge how Indian firms are coping with the interests of various stakeholders, a collaborative effort of non-profits—Oxfam India, Corporate Responsibility Watch, Praxis and Partners in Change—has put together the second edition of...
Author: M Somasekhar, Hindu (India)
"Tergene Biotech develops vaccine to combat pneumonia", 16 Jul 2015...
- Related companies: Aurobindo Pharmaceuticals
Secretary-General's statement following meeting with pharmaceutical and diagnostic companies working on HIV and AIDS
Author: United Nations
I met today with senior executives of seventeen of the world's research-based and generic pharmaceutical and diagnostic companies…to review progress on...expand[ing] access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services in low- and middle...
- Related stories: Major drug firms agree with Ban Ki-Moon to invest more in AIDS treatments & diagnostics for poor regions
- Related in-depth areas: HIV/AIDS
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AMB Generali Aspen Pharmacare Aurobindo Pharmaceuticals BD (Becton, Dickinson) bioMérieux Boehringer Ingelheim Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Hetero Inverness Medical Innovations Johnson & Johnson Matrix Laboratories Merck Pfizer Ranbaxy Laboratories Roche Shanghai Kehua Bio-Engineering
Deal lowers price of second-line therapy and makes new paediatric formulations available to poorer countries
Author: Michael Carter, Aidsmap
Further reductions in the prices of generic versions of key second-line antiretroviral drugs were announced yesterday, thanks to an agreement negotiated by the international drug purchase fund UNITAID and the Clinton HIV/AIDS Initiative with Indian...
Author: Marc Iskowitz, Medical Marketing & Media
The AIDS Healthcare Foundation...mounted a new advocacy campaign yesterday challenging Cipla for an alleged price disparity between what the firm charges for its generic drugs in India vs. Africa. Cipla refuted the over-pricing charges in ads of its...
Author: Bhuma Shrivastava, Mint [India]
...Boehringer Ingelheim has decided not to enforce patents on its anti-HIV drug, Nevirapine, in 78 low-income African and Asian countries...In a statement on its website, Boehringer says it will issue “short, non-assert declarations”, or licences, to...
President Clinton Announces Breakthroughs in HIV/AIDS Treatment for Children— 3-in-1 Pill for less than $60 Annually and 45% Price Reductions for other Pediatric Drugs
Author: Clinton Foundation [USA]
President Bill Clinton announced today that his foundation has negotiated new agreements to lower the price of HIV/AIDS treatment for children. Cipla and Ranbaxy will price a new child-friendly product...for less than $60 per year... The new prices...
- Related stories: Cipla, Ranbaxy to cut paediatric antiretroviral drug prices to as low as $60/year for poor countries ahead of World AIDS Day under deal with Clinton Foundation
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Aurobindo Pharmaceuticals Bristol-Myers Squibb Cipla Merck Ranbaxy Laboratories Roche
Indian Firms to Make HIV Drug - Gilead Sciences licenses AIDS treatment Tenofovir to eight more Indian companies
Author: Red Herring [USA]
Eight more Indian companies have received nonexclusive licenses from Gilead Sciences to manufacture and distribute the HIV drug Tenofovir...The [eight] Indian drug companies that struck the licensing deal were [Ranbaxy Laboratories], Aurobindo Pharma,...