Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Aviva website: http://www.aviva.com
Author: Investing in a Just Transition Project
"As investors with a requirement to act in the best interest of our beneficiaries and in line with our fiduciary duties, we believe that strategies to tackle climate change need to incorporate the full environmental, social and governance (ESG)...
- Related stories: Investing in a just transition: action guide
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change Investment Investors
- Related companies: Aberdeen Standard Investments APG Assicurazioni Generali AustralianSuper Aviva CBUS Super CCLA Ceres Common Interests DWS (part of Deutsche Bank) Ecofi Investissements Epic Capital Group First State Super Fonds de solidarite FTQ Friends Provident Hermes Investment Management IFM Investors Man Group OFI Asset Management Rathbone Greenbank Investments Trilogy Global Advisors Vision Super
Global Witness report alleges EU investors help bankroll human rights & environmental abuses; incl. co responses
On 6 September 2018, Global Witness published a new briefing paper on the role that EU-based investors have played in supporting projects linked to human rights abuses, land grabs and large-scale environmental destruction. The report argues that while...
In July 2017, War on Want (WoW) published a report claiming that UK-based banks and investment companies are complicit in Israeli war crimes against Palestinians. The financial institutions cited in the report have allegedly invested in defence...
Author: Zelda Bentham, Aviva
... The War on Want report identifies a number of companies “as profiting from Israel’s war crimes against the Palestinian people” and also mentions Aviva as holding shares in those companies. We are unable to comment on specific allegations. However,...
- Related stories: NGO: British financial institutions complicit in Israeli war crimes
- This is a response from the following companies: Aviva
Author: Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Le fonds vert de la ville de Paris a levé 100 millions d'euros », 10 juillet 2018...
- Related companies: Aviva
Australia: Growing support amongst large institutional investors for shareholder & NGO campaigns on climate & human rights
Author: Ruth Williams, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Big investors backed shareholder campaigns on climate, human rights", 23 February 2018...
- Related companies: ABP AMP Group Aviva BHP Billiton BlackRock Colonial First State Commonwealth Bank Deutsche Bank Elliott Management ExxonMobil HSBC Macquarie Bank MLC (part of National Australia Bank) Morgan Stanley Nordea Bank Occidental Petroleum Oil Search Origin Energy QBE Insurance Rio Tinto Santos Schroders State Street Vanguard Wells Fargo Westpac Woolworths Limited
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
A l’occasion du Climate Finance Day, Finance for Tomorrow, l’initiative de la place de Paris pour la finance durable (dont Novethic est membre), publie 50 ClimActs. Ces 50 mesures prises par ses 50 membres prouvent que la finance est une alliée du...