Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Aviva website: http://www.aviva.com
UK: Almost 200 CEOs sign letter to Boris Johnson, calling on govt. to deliver a green recovery plan in the wake of COVID-19
Author: Jillian Ambrose, The Guardian
“Top business leaders call on Boris Johnson to set out green recovery plan”, 1 June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Aviva BP British Airports Authority (now Heathrow Airport Holdings) HSBC Lloyds Group National Grid
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« 105 investisseurs défendent un devoir de vigilance obligatoire pour les entreprises », 29 avril 2020...
"Voting Matters: Are asset managers using their proxy votes for climate action?", November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Investors
- Related companies: Allianz Aviva AXA BlackRock BMO Global Capital Group Chevron Duke Energy ExxonMobil Fidelity Investments Ford Franklin Templeton General Motors Goldman Sachs HSBC JPMorgan Chase Manulife Financial Metlife Northern Trust SMBC Nikko Securities State Street T. Rowe Price Vanguard
Author: Ludovic Dupin, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Les investisseurs responsables des PRI répondent à l'appel du Président Macron pour sauver l'Amazonie », 20 septembre 2019....
Investors representing $1.3 trillion call on govts to make human rights due diligence mandatory throughout investment lifecycle
On 25 March 2019, the Investor Alliance for Human Rights (IAHR) on behalf of a group of investors representing $1.3 trillion in assets called for enhanced investor due diligence to address environmental, social and governance risks, including human...
Author: Investing in a Just Transition Project
"As investors with a requirement to act in the best interest of our beneficiaries and in line with our fiduciary duties, we believe that strategies to tackle climate change need to incorporate the full environmental, social and governance (ESG)...
- Related stories: Investing in a just transition: action guide
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change Investment Investors
- Related companies: Aberdeen Standard Investments APG Assicurazioni Generali AustralianSuper Aviva CBUS Super CCLA Ceres Common Interests DWS (part of Deutsche Bank) Ecofi Investissements Epic Capital Group First State Super Fonds de solidarite FTQ Friends Provident Hermes Investment Management IFM Investors Man Group OFI Asset Management Rathbone Greenbank Investments Trilogy Global Advisors Vision Super
Global Witness report alleges EU investors help bankroll human rights & environmental abuses; incl. co responses
On 6 September 2018, Global Witness published a new briefing paper on the role that EU-based investors have played in supporting projects linked to human rights abuses, land grabs and large-scale environmental destruction. The report argues that while...
In July 2017, War on Want (WoW) published a report claiming that UK-based banks and investment companies are complicit in Israeli war crimes against Palestinians. The financial institutions cited in the report have allegedly invested in defence...