Dem. Rep. of Congo: A briefing highlights the risks and challenges linked to DRC cobalt and how companies can improve their cobalt supply chain
Author: RCS Global - Making Sure
"The Emerging Cobalt Challenge - competition, concentration and compliance. Understanding the cobalt supply chain and how to respond", 1 October 2016...
Author: Tama McWhinney (Motorola Solutions) & Callie Baldwin (AVX), on Enough Project
Motorola Solutions...and AVX...announced expansion of Solutions for Hope to the Province of North Kivu, the conflict-prone area of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). The innovative Solutions for Hope platform allows tantalum from the DRC to be...
Author: Joe Verrengia (National Renewable Energy Laboratory) on CSRwire blog
[Some] companies say the conflict minerals regulations penalize them for circumstances far beyond their influence. More than a year before the first conflict minerals report is due to the SEC in 2014, they are feeling the pinch from customers asking...
- Related in-depth areas: Implementation of US Dodd-Frank Act rule on conflict minerals: Commentaries, guidance, company actions Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Advanced Micro Devices AVX Motorola Solutions
Implementation of US Dodd-Frank Act rule on conflict minerals: Commentaries, guidance, company actions
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On 22 August 2012 the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) issued the final rule accompanying Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Act...The rule requires companies using gold, tin, tungsten and tantalum to make efforts to determine if those materials...
[PDF] What's Needed: An Overview of Multi-Stakeholder and Industry Activities to Achieve Conflict-Free Minerals
Author: Responsible Sourcing Network
[Refers to Advanced Micro Devices (ADM), AIM Metals & Alloys, Alpha, American Mitsuba, AngloGold Ashanti, Apple, Asahi Pretec, AT&T, AVX, Banro, Best Buy, Boeing, BorgWarner, Cartier (part of Richemont), Chrysler, Cisco, Dell, Deloitte, Delphi,...
- Related stories: Report finds information & communication industry makes progress eliminating conflict minerals from supply chain while other industries remain behind
- Related companies: Advanced Micro Devices Alpha Natural Resources AngloGold Ashanti Apple AT&T AVX Banro Best Buy BlackBerry Boeing BorgWarner Bosch Cartier (part of Richemont) Chrysler (part of Fiat Chrysler) Cisco Systems Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Delphi Denso Dollar General Flextronics Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Freeport-McMoRan Freudenberg Gécamines General Electric General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) Home Depot Hon Hai Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hunan Nonferrous Metals Group Intel J.C. Penney Kemet Lockheed Martin Lowe's Malaysia Smelting Medtronic Metalor Motorola Mobility (part of Lenovo) Motorola Solutions Nissan Nokia Panasonic PricewaterhouseCoopers Richemont Royal Philips Electronics Sandvik Sears Signet Jewelers Sony Target Tata Group Tenke Fungurume (joint venture China Molybdenum, BHR Partners, Gécamines) Tiffany Toshiba Toyota Traxys ULBA Verizon Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Yazaki
Author: Maplecroft & UN Global Compact
[On August 3, 2012, the UN Global Compact and Maplecroft co-hosted the Conflict Minerals webinar, with the support of the GE Foundation. The webinar examined the risks posed by conflict minerals to multi-national corporations and featured speakers...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Advanced Micro Devices AMC Group Apple AVX Bosch Canon De Beers (part of Anglo American) Dell Flextronics Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) General Electric Gold Fields Google (part of Alphabet) Hon Hai HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Kemet Motorola Mobility (part of Lenovo) Motorola Solutions Nintendo Nokia Panasonic Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) SanDisk Sharp Thailand Smelting and Refining (part of AMC Group) Toshiba Traxys
AVX Corporation, a manufacturer of advanced passive components and interconnect solutions, announced that Nokia has joined AVX in the Solutions for Hope initiative. “We are very pleased that Nokia has joined Motorola Solutions, Intel, HP and Foxconn ...
Author: Green Research, sponsored by Global Witness
The purpose of the study is to gather and share information that may be useful to the SEC’s rulemaking process and to industry. It aims to paint a picture of the costs and benefits of compliance with Dodd-Frank Section 1502 [on "conflict minerals" from...