Member of UN Global Compact
Baidu website: ir.baidu.com
Author: Ranking Digital Rights (USA)
"Poor Digital Rights Performance - Who Pays the Price?", 20 Sep 2017...
- Related stories: Ranking Digital Rights: Internet & telecommunications companies ranked on freedom of expression & privacy
- Related in-depth areas: Digital freedom Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Etisalat Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Tencent Twitter Verizon Vodafone Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
2017 Corporate Accountability Index evaluates 22 companies on their commitments to freedom of expression & privacy
Author: Ranking Digital Rights
"Ranking Digital Rights Corporate Accountability Index", 23 Mar 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Etisalat Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Tencent Twitter Vodafone Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Author: Katie Bo Williams, Hill
China on Monday moved closer to adopting a controversial cyber security law after its parliament held a second reading of the draft rules, which carry significant consequences for domestic and foreign business and threaten greater censorship…The draft...
- Related stories: China: Controversial cybersecurity law passed, requires business to comply with further internet censorship rules
- Related companies: Alphabet Baidu Facebook Google (part of Alphabet)
China: Student with cancer died after receiving unqualified treatment led by paid-ads on Baidu, criticisms push company to change culture
Wei Zexi was a 21-year-old college student diagnosed with cancer. The Baidu (百度) search led Wei to treatment at the Second Hospital of Beijing Armed Police Corps, which turned out to be unsuccessful. The hospital claimed that the treatment was ba...
Author: Min Jiang, Business and Human Rights Journal, Volume 1, Issue 1
The dubious human rights record of foreign internet companies in China has been the subject of popular and scholarly scrutiny. This article surveys three recent developments in the intersection of information technology and human rights in China: (i)...
Author: Bangkok Post
…Wuzhen will [host the] Second World Internet Conference…and will feature President Xi Jinping as the keynote speaker…...
Author: Paul Mozur & Vindu Goel, New York Times (USA)
"To Reach China, LinkedIn Plays by Local Rules", 9 October 2014...
Author: Kaylene Hong, The Next Web
Chinese Web monitoring service GreatFire is…claiming that [Microsoft’s Bing] censors heavily within [China], even more so than domestic search engine Baidu…The organization…examined Bing’s search engine results page for over 30,000 sensitive and non...
Author: Jonathan Stempel, Reuters
[E]ight New York writers and video producers…said Baidu and China violated the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, as well as various civil and human rights laws, by conspiring to suppress their political speech from Baidu's search engine results...