Related stories and components
Author: Container Management
Norway’s central bank has excluded Evergreen Marine from one of its two sovereign wealth funds, citing the Taiwanese company’s vessel scrapping practices as causing “serious human rights violations and severe environmental damage”......
- Related stories: Norway: Oil fund to exclude co's due to environmental & human rights risks
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry and Human Rights: Shipbreaking
- Related companies: Evergreen Group Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM)
Author: Berkley Law, University of California (USA)
"Rights Eroded: A Briefing on the Effects of Closing Space on Women Human Rights Defenders", December 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Arnaud Lefebvre, Express.live
« La plus grande entreprise textile au monde freine la robotisation », 8 janvier 2018...
- Related companies: Crystal International Group
Labour in low-wage countries can not be replaced by robots, says largest textile company in the world
Author: Ben Bland, Financial Times
"Clothes company backs humans over sewing robots," 1 January 2018...
India: Northeast migrant workers flee Bengaluru plantations after home ministry asks business to identify undocumented immigrants, mainly from Bangladesh
Author: Times of India
"Northeast migrant workers flee Bengaluru plantations," 10 December 2017...
Front Line Defenders report highlights killings of 312 human rights defenders in 2017, underlining the role of business
Author: Front Line Defenders (Ireland)
"Annual Report on Human Rights Defenders at Risk 2017", 3 Jan 2018...
As many other brands our signature is still pending until we know all details of the renewed Accord not confirmed yet.
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Petition urges Abercrombie & Fitch, Mango & Topshop to sign on to 2018 Accord on Fire and Building Safety; incl. co responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Mango
Author: Tom Phillips, Ethical Trading Initiative (UK)
Leading garment brands and trade associations from Europe and the US have called on the Myanmar government to respect the rights of the ethnic minority population of Rakhine State or risk further eroding business and investor confidence. Sixteen...
Author: Bündnis für nachhaltige Textilien
Auf seinem Weg, die Bedingungen in globalen Textillieferketten zu verbessern, hat das Bündnis für nachhaltige Textilien nun entscheidende Schritte in Richtung Internationalisierung gemacht: Eine strategische Kooperation mit der Initiative „Action...
UK: Company sued for severe worker injuries in ship-breaking yard in Bangladesh following vessel sale