Member of UN Global Compact
Diakonia brief examines the legal context & accountability of corporations operating in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
Author: Diakonia International Humanitarian Law Resource Centre
"The Unsettling Business of Settlement Business", May 2015...
UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem
In March 2016, the UN Human Rights Council adopted Resolution 31/36 which aims to produce a database flagging companies doing business in Israeli settlements, in a bid to highlight corporate complicity in the Israeli occupation. The database was due to...
With external research provided by Sustainalytics, Wespath identified 39 companies for exclusion from its portfolios under its Human Rights Guideline.
US church pension fund puts 5 Israeli banks on an investment blacklist over links to settlement building
Author: Rick Gladstone, New York Times
The pension board of the United Methodist Church — one of the largest Protestant denominations in the United States, with more than seven million members — has placed five Israeli banks on a list of companies that it will not invest in for human...
- Related stories: Wespath excludes 39 companies from portfolio on human rights grounds
- Related companies: Bank Hapoalim Israel Discount Bank Leumi Shikun & Binui
The [Israeli government] officials discussing the effects of the global boycott against Israel are divided over the potential danger to the state...There are two main contending forces in the debate — the one attempting to play up the danger of the...
Author: Barak Ravid, Haaretz
PGGM...has decided to withdraw all its investments from Israel’s five largest banks because they have branches in the West Bank and/or are involved in financing construction in the settlements. [PGGM informed] Bank Hapoalim, Bank Leumi, Bank Mizrahi...
- Related stories: Israel & Palestine: Dutch pension fund to withdraw investments from Israel's 5 largest banks over intl. law "problem" due to ties with settlements in West Bank; includes companies comments
- Related in-depth areas: Finance Israel & Palestine Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Bank Hapoalim Israel Discount Bank
Financing the Israeli Occupation: The Current Involvement of Israeli Banks in Israeli Settlement Activity
Author: Who Profits
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited the banks mentioned in the report to respond. Response by the Association of Banks in Israel provided] Who Profits'...report reveals that all the Israeli banks are still heavily involved in...
- Related stories: Israeli banks involved in financing illegal settlements in Palestine, Who Profits' report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Bank Hapoalim Dexia Leumi
Israeli banks provide financial services for construction and infrastructure projects in West Bank and East Jerusalem settlements and provide loans to regional and local councils of settlements in the West Bank. Reports by WhoProfits have focused on...
Author: Strauss Group & Israel Women's Network
Strauss Group is proud to publish, in collaboration with the Israel Women's Network, the third annual Israeli Catalyst Census, which examines the percentage of women in senior executive positions and on the boards of directors of TA-100 companies. The...