Bank of China
Headquarters in China
China exports coal-related equipment and technology to foreign countries while turning to renewable energy domestically, critic says
Author: Dana Ullman, Foreign Policy
“When Coal Comes to Paradise”, 9 June 2019...
- Related stories: Kenya: Lamu economy including fishing, tourism & agriculture threatened if Amu Power gets approval to establish coal plant, includes company response
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China Amu Power Bank of China China Construction Bank China Huadian General Electric Industrial & Commercial Bank of China
Author: Rainforest Action Network, BankTrack, Sierra Club, Oil Change Intl., Indigenous Environmental Network, Honor the Earth
- Related stories: Report alleges major banks contribute to climate change through increased funding of fossil fuels
- This is a non response from the following companies: Bank of China
In May 2019, a group of NGOs led by Rainforest Action Network published research findings that suggest some of the biggest banks around the world are financing fossil fuels more than ever before. Since the Paris Agreement took effect in 2016, 33 of the...
Indonesia: Bank of China to evaluate Batang Toru hydropower project to promote green finance, fulfill social responsibility
Author: Jakarta Post
"Bank of China to evaluate Batang Toru hydropower plant project", 14 March 2019...
Commentary: Activists protest Batang Turo Dam project's catastrophic impact on communities & biodiversity
Author: Michelle Chang, South China Morning Post
"China's institutions and banks need help from the world's civil society to ensure the Belt and Road Initiative remains green", 10 March 2019 Activists of 12 countries conducted rallies in London, Hong Kong and Nairobi...to protest financing by Ba...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Chinese Investment Overseas: Guidance by government, business, civil society
- Related companies: Bank of China
Latin America: New tool about Chinese environmental and social guidelines for foreign loans and investments
“Manual on Chinese environmental and social guidelines for foreign loans and investments” – September 2018 Most loans, direct investment and trade between China and Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) have been channelled towards the extraction of n...