Bank of China
Headquarters in China
Published on 26 November 2019, the third iteration of BankTrack's Human Rights Benchmark assesses 50 of the largest global banks on their progress towards implementing the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs). It finds that nearly...
China continues to expand portfolio of green finance and clean energy projects in MENA, according to research
Author: Ossman Elnaggar, The Diplomat
“China’s Growing “Green” Engagement in MENA”, 19 Sep 2019...
China exports coal-related equipment and technology to foreign countries while turning to renewable energy domestically, critic says
Author: Dana Ullman, Foreign Policy
“When Coal Comes to Paradise”, 9 June 2019...
- Related stories: Kenya: Lamu economy including fishing, tourism & agriculture threatened if Amu Power gets approval to establish coal plant, includes company response
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China Amu Power Bank of China China Construction Bank China Huadian General Electric Industrial & Commercial Bank of China
Author: Rainforest Action Network, BankTrack, Sierra Club, Oil Change Intl., Indigenous Environmental Network, Honor the Earth
- Related stories: Report alleges major banks contribute to climate change through increased funding of fossil fuels
- This is a non response from the following companies: Bank of China
In May 2019, a group of NGOs led by Rainforest Action Network published research findings that suggest some of the biggest banks around the world are financing fossil fuels more than ever before. Since the Paris Agreement took effect in 2016, 33 of the...
Indonesia: Bank of China to evaluate Batang Toru hydropower project to promote green finance, fulfill social responsibility
Author: Jakarta Post
"Bank of China to evaluate Batang Toru hydropower plant project", 14 March 2019...