Bank of China
Headquarters in China
Company has been contacted. We will update this page if Bank of China responds.
- Related stories: BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
- This is a non response from the following companies: Bank of China
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac
Banks loan billions to oil firms allegedly exporting low-grade fuel high in pollutants, says briefing
A new BankTrack briefing raises questions about how banks are conducting human rights due diligence. In response to research by Swiss NGO Public Eye accusing Switzerland-based oil trading companies of selling blends of low-grade fuel high in pollutants...
Author: Plataforma Energética
“Contratos millonarios, grandes consecuencias - Las empresas chinas en Bolivia”...
USA: Chinese state-owned companies argue they enjoy "sovereign immunity" and protected from rulings in US court
"Some Chinese state-owned entities…have adopted a controversial defense when they face U.S. lawsuits: You can't touch us because we enjoy sovereign immunity. Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC)...has used the strategy twice, while state-owned...
BankTrack report assesses responses of 15 banks to evidence of serious labour abuses by company they financed, IOI Corp.
Author: IISCAL - Iniciativa para las Inversiones Sustentables China-América Latina
“IISCAL - Iniciativa para las Inversiones Sustentables China-América Latina” – 1 de marzo de 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: Bank of China China Development Bank China International Trust and Investment (CITIC) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) Rio Blanco Copper (part of Xiamen Zijin Tongguan Investment Development Corporation, part of Zijin Mining Group, Tongling Non-Ferrous Metals Group Holding Co. Ltd. y Xiamen C&D Coperation Ltd.) State Grid Corporation of China Vale Zijin
Report by ECA Watch says projects supported by export credit agencies "often associated with human rights abuses"
ECA Watch released a report, "Export Credit and Human Rights: Failure to Protect", in December 2014. Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited the following principal companies named in the report to respond:...
BankTrack report finds banks not yet living up to human rights obligations under UN Guiding Principles
In December 2014 BankTrack released a new report titled "Banking with Principles?". The report assesses 32 of the largest global banks against the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. Banks were assigned a score of between 0 and 12 dep...