Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: EarthRights International
This report seeks to summarize the history, jurisprudence and politics of ATCA in order to explain how this relatively obscure law became a lightning rod in the world of business and human rights...[refers to Unocal, Chevron (part of ChevronTexaco),...
- Related stories: Chevron lawsuit (re Nigeria) Coca-Cola lawsuit (re Colombia) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) DynCorp lawsuits (re Colombia & Ecuador) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Freeport-McMoRan lawsuits (re West Papua) full report: "In Our Court: ATCA, Sosa and the Triumph of Human Rights" Occidental lawsuit (re Colombia) Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Bank of America Barclays BNP Paribas CACI Chentex Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Computer Sciences (CSC) Credit Suisse DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dow Chemical Drummond DynCorp Eastman Kodak ExxonMobil Ford Freeport-McMoRan Fresh Del Monte Produce General Motors Grupo México Halliburton IBM Newmont Goldcorp Occidental Petroleum Pfizer Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) PricewaterhouseCoopers Rio Tinto Shell Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Talisman (part of Repsol) Texaco (part of Chevron) Titan (now L-3 Titan) Total UBS Union Carbide (part of Dow) United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) Westinghouse
Author: Alex Blyth, Ethical Corporation
Sixteen financial institutions, all of which have adopted the bank-led Equator Principles, have met representatives of 13 non-governmental organisations to review progress on the implementation of the principles and discuss other concerns.....
Barclays Capital and Shell Trading complete their first C02 emissions trade and lead the way to market standardisation
Author: Barclays Capital
Barclays Capital, the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, and Shell International Trading and Shipping Company Limited have completed the first brokered CO2 emissions trade based on the official published version of the International...
[PDF] Disclosure of Ethical Considerations in Investment Product Disclosure Statements - A review of current practice in Australia
Author: Charles Berger, Australian Conservation Foundation
[M]any mainstream investment managers still do not appreciate the relationship between ethical corporate behaviour and long-term financial performance...Australia’s investment community is still not doing enough to look out for the long-term interests...
- Related companies: AMP Group ANZ Bank Australian Ethical Investment AXA Barclays BT Financial (part of Westpac) Challenger Financial Services Colonial First State Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Glebe Hunter Hall Investment Management ING Invesco IOOF James Hardie Macquarie Bank Maple-Brown Abbott Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) MLC (part of National Australia Bank) National Australia Bank Newcrest OnePath (part of ANZ Bank) Perpetual Platinum Asset Management Rio Tinto Schroders State Street Suncorp Transurban UBS Vanguard Westpac
Author: Emad Mekay, Inter Press Service
The World Bank's private sector arm, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), is opening its doors for talks on its rules and guidelines for lending...It is planning regional consultations in Buenos Aires this September, for Latin America and the...
Author: John Oyuke, East African Standard
According to an internal survey of bank contribution to Corporate Social Responsibility (CRS) in Kenya, more banks than ever before are funding social development programmes. [refers to Barclays, NIC Bank, Stanbic Bank (part of Standard Bank),...
Author: F&C Asset Management, KPMG
This study is designed to highlight the ways in which the financial services sector is affected by, and manages, the challenges associated with human rights...Nine international institutions participated in the study: ABN Amro, Barclays, Credit Suisse...
Author: Doug Wheat, SocialFunds.com
Yesterday, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) announced the results of its once a year review of corporate sustainability best-practice. [Companies on DJSI World Index included: General Electric, Staples, 3M, adidas-Salomon, Barclays, Canon,...
Author: Andrew Balls, Financial Times
The World Bank's private sector lending arm has come under fire in an internal bank report which accuses it of attempting to dilute the environmental and social assessments attached to its lending...A change in IFC rules would also apply to the group...
Author: OneWorld UK
Environmental and human rights groups are urging Barclays Bank to withdraw from the controversial Thai-Malaysian Gas Pipeline (TMGP) Project...[also refers to Trans Thai-Malaysia Company (joint venture PTT & Petronas)]
- Related companies: Barclays Petronas PTT Trans Thai-Malaysia (joint venture PTT and Petronas)