Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Alanna Petroff, CNN Money (USA)
"Barclays employs more women than men", 22 Jan 2016...
- Related stories: Intl. Women's Day 2016: Advances by companies & continuing challenges
- Related companies: Barclays Twitter Unilever Vodafone
IKEA takes peak sales as opportunity to invest in renewable energy & help poor communities with climate change impacts
Author: Sean Farrell, Guardian (UK)
"We've hit peak home furnishings, says Ikea boss", 18 Jan 2016...
Author: Sudip Kar-Gupta & Annabella Nielsen, Reuters (USA)
European renewable energy stocks rallied on Monday following an agreement over the weekend at the Paris global climate summit to find ways to stop global warming. Goldman Sachs' analysts described the deal in Paris as the most important climate...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores show improvement of measures taken by companies for LGBT workers
Open For Business is a coalition of global companies making the case that inclusive, diverse societies are better for business and better for economic growth. The purpose of the coalition is to promote a positive business and economic case for equality...
- Related stories: Report by a coalition of companies makes business case for LGBT inclusion
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: Accenture American Express AT&T Barclays Brunswick Burberry Google (part of Alphabet) IBM Inditex LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft Standard Chartered Tesco Thomson Reuters Virgin America
Africa: Academic urges economic justice actors to fight both illegal and licit financial flows, adopt more nuanced approach
Author: Patrick Bond, University of Kwazulu Natal in Pambazuka News (Africa)
'Retreat of foreign investment from Africa means less looting', 2 Sep 2015:…[A] Zimbabwe NGO conference…was dedicated to fighting illegal capital flight from across the African continent…[Will] the region’s…economic-justice NGOs take the next step and...
- Related companies: Anglo American Barclays BHP Billiton British American Tobacco De Beers (part of Anglo American) Dimension Data FirstRand Group Investec Liberty Life Lonmin Mondi (part of Anglo American) MTN Naspers Group Nedbank Old Mutual SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sasol Standard Bank Vale Vedanta Resources Vodacom
Author: Raaj Manik, Phulbari Solidarity Group
...Phulbari Day...is...the day to commemorate mass protests that prevented a UK-based mining company, Global Coal Management PLC, from building a large-scale open-pit coal mine in Phulbari in north-west Bangladesh. Nine years ago, on 26th August in...
UK: Law firms’ role in supporting clients on business & human rights issues is crucial, says Law Society
Author: Sarah Smith, Law Society of England and Wales (UK)
"Better business with human rights", 28 Jul 2015...
"Responsible Tax Practice by Companies: a Mapping and Review of Current Proposals", 1 Mar 2015...
Author: Reinhard Bütikofer
...Während den 1970ern und 80ern war Divestment, in diesem Fall der Abzug aller Investitionen aus dem autoritären südafrikanischen Staat, eine entscheidende Strategie unter anderem des NUS und anderer Studentenbewegungen, um Druck auf die rassistische...
- Related companies: Barclays